Howling question

Discussion in 'Quests and Seasonal Events' started by Juraiya, Oct 10, 2017.

1. Juraiya Well-Known Member

I've been howling at various players; my emotes tab shows that I've howled at fifteen different players just since my last login to this character, yet I'm not seeing the achievement show in my Live Events: Nights of the Dead section.

I know it's hidden, but shouldn't it show once you hit the first 10? Is there some sort of trick to do the howling? I've been clicking a player, then typing /howl. Should I be doing it differently?

I'm just confused, because I think I must be doing it wrong somehow.
  2. Korucuu Well-Known Member

Make sure that you have the Werewolf mask equipped too (appearance slot will work). You can buy one from the NoTD merchant, older werewolf appearance helms also seem to work (I used an old one from probably last year, I forget).
    Trebeh and Juraiya like this.
  3. Finora Well-Known Member

You can use either the snarling werewolf mask from the ghost races or the one you can buy for I think it's 30 candy corn from the NOTD merchant.

You have to be wearing it. It can be either your appearance or actual helm slot. Wardrobe was not working on test and I haven't bothered to check on live if a wardrobe equipped one will work.

Just to make it easier on myself, I made a /howl macro and mapped it to the #1 slot on my hotbar.

Like roses, there seems to be a cool down time between when you can /howl the same person again and get credit.

The achievement never shows. (it might show after you've completed up to the title moonshadow) but you pretty much just keep howling at different people until you get your ding. After doing 10 you should have gotten a ding for Baying at the Moon though on the main achievement page. Crying is at 50 and at 100 you get Howling and the Moonshadow title.
    Juraiya likes this.
  4. Shmogre Well-Known Member

One thing that used to work to show hidden achievements was to close your journal (important step), then type "/medals_show_all 1" and hit <enter>. The next time you open your journal, it should show hidden achievements (can't guarantee it still works, but it used to).

Another way to see the achievement is to have someone who has it showing in their journal link it to you in chat, then you can click on it and see your own progress.
    Juraiya likes this.
  5. Juraiya Well-Known Member

Ohhh! I didn't know you needed to have the werewolf mask equipped. I didn't see anything in the description on the wikia that said that, or at least it didn't seem clear to me.

Thanks for that info! I will do that now! :)
    Shmogre and Finora like this.