"How to Use Your Sig Graphic" & Sig FAQ

Discussion in 'Signatures' started by ARCHIVED-Seagoat, Apr 5, 2007.

1. ARCHIVED-TwinklingEyes Guest

Okay I think I got it ..thanks for the help...and the nudge to read!..lol
  2. ARCHIVED-Dalannae Guest

I don't see this question in EQPlayers where I'm getting my sig from it talks about the paperdoll photo and that you can upload it from in game how is that done? and are they talking about the picture to the side of my character's stats?

I would like the picture of main to show here and in the EQ Players profile.

I'm fairly new to the game started last August, and just signed up for the forum. sorry if I ask questions that have been asked before.
  3. ARCHIVED-Cadori Seraphim Guest

Alenna@Guk wrote:
    When you are at the eq2players site, you must first log in. At your character you wish to upload photos to, you need to click on the tab that says *admin*.
    From here click on *Manage Images*, this will show you your profile picture (if any,default is nothing) and also show you a button to add an image to your profile.

There is another tab that says *Manage Screenshots* where you can add screenshots.
  4. ARCHIVED-Dalannae Guest

Sidori@Crushbone wrote:
    Will that put the picture on the stats for the sig?
  5. ARCHIVED-Seagoat Guest

6. ARCHIVED-Amberlinn Guest

First of all I want to thank you for the information link to "randomizing your sigs" Great info there. My question, Im sure it is noobish, is this. What must I do if I want my signatures to be random or rotate during a visit without using the refresh ? I have no idea where to begin or where to go. Only thing I do have is the signatures.
  7. ARCHIVED-Seagoat Guest

Amberlinn wrote:
    Glad you found it useful! :) The only dumb question is the one left unasked!
    Unfortunately, to have the sigs rotate in "real time," you only have a few options:
    1. Animate them all together in a GIF file. This isn't random, though, and you will wind up with a pretty large file. You'll also lose a lot of fine details because of the color limitations of the GIF format.
    2. Use JavaScript or another client-side programming/scripting language to cause the viewer's browser to refresh the page containing the sig at regular intervals, calling a random sig from the available list as normal on each refresh. On many forums, JavaScript is disallowed because of the abuse potential. It can also really annoy people if your sig is embedded in the forum page rather than inside an iframe (as it is on these forums). They'll be trying to read a thread you've posted in, and the page will just keep refreshing and refreshing and refreshing...
    3. Use Flash or another server-side programming/scripting language to push the random images to the viewer's browser. Again, there aren't a lot of forums out there who allow you to embed objects in your sig, mostly to keep the bandwidth usage and annoyance factor to a minimum.
    Hope this clears things up a bit. :) If anyone else has a suggestion, though, I'd be glad to hear it...it's always nice to be proven wrong, especially when it solves a problem for someone. ;)
  8. ARCHIVED-Amberlinn Guest

Got some trouble on that "Randoming of the Sigs" Thing is everytime i go to upload my "Random" folder it wants me to open it and upload each file seperately. I noticed where you say to upload the "random" folder and just trying to figure out what I am doing wrong?
  9. ARCHIVED-Seagoat Guest

That would depend on where you're trying to upload your files to. :) Most FTP clients will allow you to upload an entire directory and its contents, but as long as "random.php" and "images.txt" are both in the same folder on the webserver, no matter what that folder is called, they should work just fine.
  10. ARCHIVED-Amberlinn Guest

Ok, I have got everything together and loading it upo to my GP website and found out that GP does not support .php files *screams* Do you have any advice on the location of a decent webserver that .php files would be permitted? :)
  11. ARCHIVED-Seagoat Guest

12. ARCHIVED-Amberlinn Guest

Thanks for everything Seagoat! Your advice and tips and tricks for Sig design were great. So great infact that I have posted links to your site from mine for all who want the best of advice on creating their custom signatures.
    http://anlahshok.guildportal.com
    Thanks again!
  13. ARCHIVED-Beckah Guest

*pouts* I'm having issues finding somewhere to host my files so I can rotate my sigantures!

I went to several free websites and they all won't let me upload the files. I have tried my webspace provided by my cable...it too doesn't work.

It's one of these I have tried so many things and I think I almost actually *screamed* Lol....

Anybody have any tips or suggestions for me? lol
  14. ARCHIVED-Seagoat Guest

I'm guessing you're having trouble finding a place to host "random.php" and "images.txt," not your image files themselves. A Google search for "free PHP file host" turned up a number of promising hits. :) You might have to shop around a bit, but I'm sure you'll find something that will suit your needs nicely.
  15. ARCHIVED-Beckah Guest

Okay...I think I got it, Thank you Seagoat. *Hugs*

The list that you linked I had already used...lol took quite a few before I finally found one and then a bunch of messing before it finally worked.
  16. ARCHIVED-Seagoat Guest

17. ARCHIVED-phatd42 Guest

18. ARCHIVED-PRALLIC Guest

EDIT: Sig kinda fixed itself.... I'd delete this post if I could.
  19. ARCHIVED-Scythes Guest

could some 1 actually help me do this please coz i dont get this at all lol - ive never been good with sigs lol
  20. ARCHIVED-Sinistria Guest

hello,
    i am wondering why my sig is showing up correct in preview but not here.
    someone else in trhis threasd had the same problem but i didnt find the answer for thje problem.

this is the link.

[IMG]

hmm it shows correct here. i will have a look if its in the post correct too