How to use the bow

Discussion in 'Ranger' started by ARCHIVED-ElendenAV, Nov 12, 2004.

1. ARCHIVED-ElendenAV Guest

I've looked all over the place and nothing states how to actually shoot the bow.

I have a bow and many arrows in the bow and arrows slots.

In the internal help guide it states that "you must have the appropriate arrows". How would you know if they're appropriate?

I've got several different types of arrows too.

Any ideas?
  2. ARCHIVED-Rapinis11 Guest

Well im not in the game so i cant tell you exactly...

But on the botton left theres the EQ2 button. Click on that, you will see something about knowledge or skills or something
    One of those buttons brings up a list of all the possible things you can do, one of them is for the bow
  3. ARCHIVED-SonOfTrevize Guest

The default hotkey for bringing up your "Knowledge Book" is the "k" key. This book is similar to the old spellbook, but contains all of your abilities and skills (on different tabs).
  4. ARCHIVED-ElendenAV Guest

Ok, I've figured it out.

It's not in the Combat Arts in the Knowledge section, like I thought it would be. It's in the first tab of the Knowledge section, I can't remember the name.

To use it, you must select the target, select melee, then select the archery skill button, which should be placed in with your combat hotkeys.

Then be ready for the target to race at you. It's useful when you don't have another puller, but you probably won't be able to use your more powerful (at lower levels probably) sneak attacks.
  5. ARCHIVED-blitz Guest

Abilities, right next to Melee attack.
  6. ARCHIVED-Sembrin1 Guest

Actually you dont' have to hit melee before shooting the bow. I just hit the Ranged key to pull, but don't forget to switch back to melee. Else you'll get "you are too close, move back" when you try to melee because unlike EQL this is a toggle on/off key, not single shot archery.