How to power level with a SK

Discussion in 'General TLE Discussion' started by Clarine75, Sep 3, 2021.

1. Clarine75 New Member

hiya,
    I'm a returning player, went on Live servers at first, and then restarted to Kaladim (TLE).
    Yesterday I nearly convinced 2 old friends to come to Kaladim too, and it would be nice to help them catching my mid level toon. So I got a one month subscription on a new account, used the free lvl 85 token to boost a SK, and I would love a few advices to be better at PL.

What i do now :
    • equip 1h weapon + shield
    • Defensive stance (Lucan Pact)
    Buffing : Innoruuk Caress, Soulclaim, Battle leaderqhip, Unholy stretnht, Cavalier shout, Aura of leadership, Unholy harbinger and Grim harbinger.

Pulling packs of mobs, casting the ae spells i have (Grave sacrament, Doom judgment, Lance, Unending agony,Death cloud, Hateful respite)
    Lifetaping to stay alive : Tap veins, Devor vitae, Shadow coil, and using Painbringer too.

As for AA, I checked Eq2wire SK of the same level, reed all AA to understand what they gave, and went toward boosting my ups and my defense (more shield block, more HP, more life tap).

What can I do better ? and is leveling the SK to 90 will be a huge boost ?
    (needless to say, I won t raid or do HL group with this SK, it s only for a power leveling purpose).
    Thank you !
  2. Arielle Nightshade Well-Known Member

I have the same kind of SK - mostly for PLing my own alts, and for very tolerant friends' alts :) In no way do I ever intend to seriously play the character, but I do have fun just messing around with it.

I found the formula you have listed above to be a good one. It's not necessarily what a raiding, or even a serious grouping SK would do, but it's perfect for what you have in mind.

You want the absolute best quality AOE spells you can get or afford (the blue spells). You can pull with any one of them, but save Tap Veins for a big heal - the more mobs, the bigger the heal - and save Grave Sacrament for about mid fight or if you need to pull mobs off of anyone in your group.

If you are just quick leveling them, make sure that no one has any kind of reactive buff on you (like thorns for druids, or some Templar buffs that proc a heal, for example), and then just go to town. The group can help with damage but if you are pulling large amounts, they need to make sure you have them all before they start in. If they don't - you saved Grave Sac and can get them back.

I think you should be fine with what you have - from one lolSK to another ;) A REAL SK could probably give you better pointers, but what you have works for what you want to do.
    Breanna likes this.
  3. Clarine75 New Member

Arielle,

thanks a lot for your answer : i’m happy to see i’m not the only lolsk, and i will follow your advice ;)

And who knows, one day maybe i will enjoy the sk so much i will learn to play it well.

take care, and thanks again
    Arielle Nightshade likes this.