How to Make Money in Norrath: A Guide for New and Old Alike

Discussion in 'Tips, Tricks, FAQs, and New Player Discussion' started by Sigrdrifa, Aug 7, 2013.

1. DoomDrake Well-Known Member

Let's look on time?
    1. deliver crate ... you need about 60 second to complete this one
    2. run mini robot from drill site to charging station ... you need to complete this one about 90 second
    3. getting done talking skull/collect mushrooms/destroy boulders - you need about 180-240 second at most
    4. killing 2 sets of wisps - let it be 5 minutes at most
    Depending on how much your time you want to devote to this its easy to do 5-6 keys under 15 minutes
    5. Stigians AS - at worst case scenario - 7-9 minutes to complete (worth just for single shinny to collect)
    Key quests reset about 2 hour or less for Stigian about 1.5 hours
    Of course I do understand that prices on SLR went up but if you not buying Lacerator or Sacred Flow single piece of useful upgrade will cost you about 6-15k (which is about 20-30 keys).
    Seriously 5 closest to Outer Maldura key quests is extremely fast to execute
  2. Dread Lord New Member

Yay I love looting
  3. Raff Well-Known Member

Since blowing my last bit of plat on my new defiler last week. I hunkered down and have been doing some serious harvesting (about 30 min a day, lol) and shiny collecting, then selling on the broker for the last 4 or 5 days.

Back up to 45,000 plat as of this morning.
    Prissetta and Sigrdrifa like this.
  4. DoomDrake Well-Known Member

To add few more "places" and items that easy farmable
    a) blue shinies - not all of them mind you ;) - 1 from remnant collection spawn near Stigians (by the Trents), other nice shiny to sell Escape from Ak'anon collection (spawn on opposite side of chasm from named scutter). Third one is spawn in huts near place where you do key quest with poxfiendlings "Forgotten" - checking this 3 spawn point plus Stigian AS - decent source of supplemental income. Also there 2 spots for rather rare regular collection - one spot directly in cave where you do key quest with aberrant blazer and other along the river in luminous near pool.
    b) But frankly running Heroics with guild mates and SLR much faster and better profit ... specially if got some class cloak ... ppl willing to pay some very unreasonable amounts (inquisitors cloak went for like 750k ... 6 way split ... you count :))
  5. Faelfreeblood Active Member

Crafting mastercrafted gear and selling it should be viable again thanks to the difficulty of agnostics, and the full legendary sets no longer a option...they say there is a bright side to everything and this is one. Unless this, the agnostic mobs are adjusted, lets say, about 88% expect to see these sell as they did years before. It would be a good opportunity to make some plat if outfitter. I advise people to jump on it.
    Uwkete-of-Crushbone likes this.
  6. Evilnok Active Member

that's not the only way to make money in the game...there's also dailys that give 1 plat whenever you complete them as they also give status points another way is selling gear that drops that you can't use/have no need for to a vendor
  7. Gobach New Member

Name yourself FOMICH and KS the pot ear mob then sell it in auction for 20k pp, repeat each time its up, camp a monk at the spawn point to cov to when the mob is due to pop. Don't worry because it's an EU server and no matter how much the player is reported it continues...
    Ykysh likes this.
  8. Gillad New Member

Very good thread...i just started posting but have read alot of forum stuff over the years....run protecters realm and shard of hate as often as possible also skyshrine to sell junk and also build uop status...another thing..to expond on the free bag of plat from loyalty merchant..do your daily objective every time its up and even if your silver you can hoard loyalty tokens then when u go gold cash em all in...
  9. Melt Actually plays the game

Farm keys in Scourge Wastes... 1 hour a day, 8000pp. Multiply the one hundreds, and that makes tens of thousands a day with no real effort.

Edit: One hundreds being levels of other toons.
  10. DoomDrake Well-Known Member

I'd say more then that :) - 1 run about 30 minutes - 7 keys (lion mean kind of annoying so I'd rather skip it) - each key 2k = 14k
    But ... its kind of slow - try get shinies from aberrant island on-land Thulambra - some are sells for 20-30k a piece. Or if you willing to play lotto - farm KP contested for runes solo - if you get 1 - you can get 3M+
  11. Melt Actually plays the game

They don't sell for 2k on my server, normally around 1200, but 1000 is a guaranteed sale, so I don't turn it down.
    DoomDrake likes this.
  12. Tanita66 Member

Is there a way to make plat if you cant use broker?
  13. Shadetree New Member

Not quickly. Especially not at lower levels. However, you don't really need it til 100, honestly...

Do agnostics (dungeon finder, on EQ button). They are crazy good xp, easy enough, and will net you 3-7 pieces of level appropriate (not great, but not bad) gear and spells each one you do.

At about 87-90 you can start farming trash overland mobs in Tranquil Sea that drop items that vendor for 5p each.

If you want much pp at lower levels, broker really is required.
    Prissetta likes this.
  14. Udonn Active Member

Old thread. Just curious. How much plat do the richest in game have now, with all the inflation? I came back in August after a 2 year hiatus, with 153k pp. That is poor in today's economy. I've built it up, but wondering how others are faring.
  15. Evilnok Active Member

just go farm gear from instances and just sell em to vendors,they are worth a few plat...so there's really no need for a guide on how to farm plat in the game TBH
  16. DoomDrake Well-Known Member

Well as I see now best place for cash farm "challenge" instance for 14 resolve gear - each easy sells from 200k to 600k - if you happens to can't do that - though luck with only reliable source of cash same damn keys (from what I seen they about 5.5k a piece and 21 key is fairly easy generate every 6 hours (may be more if you not mind escape from Tide and tome)
  17. Dude Well-Known Member

Over the last two months I've made over 6,000,000 plat. How did I do it? Prices have leveled off, so I don't have a problem sharing. The thing I want to note is that I didn't sell Kronos or use any "real world" money beyond my subscription. All of these things will still earn you money. When the next expansion comes out, think about what people need and you will make a LOT of plat.

1. Selling rare crafting materials. I have 10 crafters that went through the KA sig line and they all get 10 rares per day. I also harvest up to 10 shadeweave bulbs per hour, which helps a lot. Anytime I'm in OF, I have the track harvestables up with "shade" as my limiting word. Works like a charm.
    2. Selling master spells. I do the daily and weekly solo and advanced solo quests. Sometimes a master drops.
    3. As mentioned before, I have 10 crafters ready to do the weekly OF crafting quest, which gives two blank purple runes, which I sell.
    4. Selling LoN items. I use the 500 "free" DBC I get every moth to buy LoN items and sell them, Some are highly desired, some not so much.
    Semperfifofum, Koren and Prissetta like this.
  18. Soara Member

For some, I did moonlight enchantments to get plants and sell. Jarsath Oak trees seemed to sell pretty well before my harvesting skills and apprentice stuff started earning money. And 5 bucks for broker tokens can rake in quite a bit of plat!
  19. Meneltel Well-Known Member

For about 10 bucks more, you can make a million or more plat buying a krono and auctioning it off by underselling compated to the prices on the broker!
    DoomDrake likes this.
  20. Arandar Well-Known Member

Krono. Buy low, sell high.