How to itemize a monk for survival AND holding aggro?

Discussion in 'Fighters' started by Montag, Feb 14, 2016.

1. Lea Plath Active Member

I am currently farming up the contested etc for Lacerator proc, but I'm looking for other sources too.

Amplifying Combo/Staggered seemed like good shouts, I'll pick them up.

Which pieces are situational besides reaction?

The loctust charm is bad, and I should replace it, you are right. I have all the marks of the ill seen for the crit bonus one, but getting Rites would be good, I'll try and farm Temple.
  2. Silzin Active Member

I have seen Dragonfire Double Cast, but i would Highly not recommend gearing for Double Cast just for Dragonfire, its a lot of work and stats just for 1 attach (And maybe the taunts) to double cast.

I recommend getting a 5+ Button mouce and setting one of them to the F8 key (Target Nearest NPC) this helps targeting... in BB i just do it the laysee way and let the mobs get m target for me.

for group content i would look over my OffTanking Spec. I go Double Conversion and i think its more dps then all right side. you can probably swap out your Astrol Dominian out for Screams of Bautal (Spelling) it helps a lot with Auto Attach Stats. I would also replace you Outh Keeping with a +24% Max Health item. As a tank HP is King in this xpac. Also swap out your neck with the 18 Flurry and 25% Double Cast Neck from the completing the quests, this is a nice dps bust, use the stone skins when needed tho.

Ancient Focus is a nice AA All around, i think all tanks need. Ancient Advance is a must, and use your taunts all you can, it will give you a lot of dps from it.

this is just a 1st look over, if you have more quests feel free to ask or look me up.
  3. xkrisx Well-Known Member

Just my personal opinion but I hated wasting slots on the 24% HP Items lol. I run duel Kerafym Rights charms lol. Puts me higher then most other tanks and the bump to STR helps with DPS and such as well. It opens up options for other jewerly procs and items as well by not using the 24% HP Stuff.. but again, personal choice and opinion lol.
  4. Willan_HoF Member

The Kerafyrm's Rites charms are also great in that you get more bang for your buck from Accuracy From Strength, Power From the Soul and Vitality to Strength. Vitality to Strength currently give me somewhere around 130 WDB, with 44k stamina.
  5. Silzin Active Member

I agree that 2 Kerafym's Rites are better then the 24% HP, but untill he can get them... the HP is better then just CB/Pot in the slot i think
  6. Genghes Active Member

You can start swapping in more dps type items and see how your survivability is. Keep going that rout till you know how far you can go and still tank
  7. Vasco Active Member

Remember that back in ToV, the devs made it so that stamina affects your hate generation. So keeping your stamina high is a good idea.