"How To" Invisible Crafting Stations

Discussion in 'Norrathian Homeshow' started by Gracey, Oct 14, 2017.

1. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

I think it's one of the reasons why they suggest flipping them upside down; the anchor point (where it attaches to a Wall, Ceiling, or Floor) is probably at the base, and being Floor items, if you flip them, then the anchor point is in the air, and you can then pretty much do whatever you need to with them.

One problem people have sometimes with "false floors" especially, is that nowadays, the Floor items seem to load before the "floor" does, so they may get eaten or buried awkwardly...or insist on anchoring to the real floor underneath. :-/

Uwk
    Cyrrena likes this.
  2. Mowse Well-Known Member

I am trying to make craft station all in one by stacking and turning upside down but am having problem being able to use all the Stations. I get message I need to target the station. Help needed
    Cyrrena and Uwkete-of-Crushbone like this.
  3. Cyrrena Well-Known Member

I usually just hit the "n" key which for me pulls up all my recipes and type in the search box the recipe I want to make and then it just uses the appropriate machine in my hall where they are all stacked in the same place.
  4. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

I guess I'm still not getting the whole "it'll work putting them all together at the same coordinates" bit; I'd think this problem would come up more often, with the game getting confused as to which one you want to use. Perhaps all it needs is the recipe type you're trying to do (Sconces, for example, need a Forge, so if you're standing close to the whole stack and there's a Forge in there, it should work?)?

I personally don't have any problems with the look of the stations, but I do like the idea of "burying" them, one for each station, separately; not a bad way to camouflage them, for folks who don't like the looks. ;->

Back in the old days, there used to be a HUGE spinning circle showing up when you clicked on a station; if you were within that circle, you were close enough to target a station. Don't know why they took that out (or if they actually didn't, why it shows so rarely now), but it's been eons since I last saw it. :(

EDIT: What Cyrrena said up there. ;->

Uwk
  5. Mowse Well-Known Member

Got it. Place elevated floor tiles first. Upside down and stack. Ty. Just took some time
  6. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

Cool! Glad it worked! :)

Uwk
    Cyrrena and Breanna like this.