"How To" Invisible Crafting Stations

Discussion in 'Norrathian Homeshow' started by Gracey, Oct 14, 2017.

1. Gracey Well-Known Member

per request...

I have just never liked the look of the crafting tables in the game. They look cumbersome and dingy to me. So I copied the original idea from Jazabelle - hers are round (each table stacked upon the others with each work area in a circle surrounding them). I'm not as good as she is with the editor, and this way you don't need the editor to accomplish the same idea.

I elevated the floor in my crafting area and placed the crafting tables where I wanted them, then flipped each one upside down so now they are "just" below the floor under each rug. Each area has it's own design and sign so you can tell which is which. I'm standing above the "invisible" woodworker table. I gave each machine it's own rug so you are always standing in the correct place. The forge is between the end (anvil) and the fireplace. To get to your recipe's you simply press the N button to open your crafting window and find your recipe. I set our writ giver on top of the crafting area so it is reachable by anyone at any station.

I'm really not good at explaining things, but stop by Pirates guild hall (tier 2 s qeynos) on Maj Dul to see in person if you are interested! Copy exactly - make your own - I don't mind either!! This truly simplifies crafting for us and our guild loves it.

[IMG][IMG][IMG]
    Juraiya, Cheallaigh, Kenana and 12 others like this.
  2. Febrith Well-Known Member

This wonderful GH is one of the nicest I've ever seen - here's the video of it:)

Moena, Merriel, Faeonara and 7 others like this.
  3. Gracey Well-Known Member

OOO Thsnk you Febrith!! I forgot you had done this one!
    Moena, Merriel, Faeonara and 5 others like this.
  4. Wizzam Well-Known Member

I fell in love with this hall the moment I zoned in! This is the guild hall that I copied for my own, but kept it just for myself. Gracee has always been such a huge inspiration to me and a hero in the decorating world.
    When I saw her crafting tables like this I thought how silly that is, stacking them all up. Thought I'd never like using them that way. But after mimicking this, my life has been so much easier when crafting! Give it a try, it takes a little bit to get used to not running table to table. But definitely worth it in the long run.
    Moena, Merriel, Ethini and 4 others like this.
  5. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

Hmm; were there supposed to be two other images (the [can't put the initials/abbreviation in, the program here will get confused] bits) before this one? :-/

Looks cool! Nice arrangement! :)

Uwk
    Moena, Merriel, Faeonara and 3 others like this.
  6. Gracey Well-Known Member

No - That is called Gracey learns how to post from a different image hosting site :D
    Moena, Merriel, Faeonara and 4 others like this.
  7. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

Ah! Been there, done that, got lots of [can't post initials here or else; rhymes with "image" if you have a cold] bits all over a post... ;)

Uwk
    Moena and Merriel like this.
  8. Merriel Well-Known Member

I've been to visit this guild hall in person and Gracee did a beautiful job of decorating it. I absolutely love the set up of the crafting tables and if I ever feel the inclination to decorate the crafting hall in my guild hall it will be something similar to what's been done here. I have to be careful, however, not to overwrite the decorating my granddaughter has done in there as well. :)
    Gracey, Febrith, Moena and 4 others like this.
  9. santargria Well-Known Member

Ok, so I am hereby declaring if I ever get to redo my crafting area I am so stealing that great idea!!!!

You've been warned LOL
  10. Faeonara Well-Known Member

Confession is good for the soul so I confess I passed this idea along to a guildmate for use in her tailor's crafting house. She loved it so much she is talking about using it for all her crafter's homes
    .I further confess Tour's loves Gracey's guildhall a lot and she can vouch how awesome it is to craft in the gorgeous guild hall .:)
    Ps More confession ,,,Faeonara is borrowing the idea also as soon as she figures out which house to use it in lol
  11. Gracey Well-Known Member

No need to confess!! I am glad to share !!
  12. Kokorobosoi Active Member

*sneaks into gh.......Takes LOTS of pics of crafting stations.......laughs maniacally.......runs off into the night*
    Juraiya, Geroblue, santargria and 2 others like this.
  13. Katz Well-Known Member

I have seen this set up in game and its really lovely. I especially like how each area is decorated for the craft.

In my crafting house, I have all the crafting stations visible and use them as part of the decoration. In my guild hall (a T1 in Gorowyn), I am limited in space so I buried all mine under a bridge. It is nice to just stand in front of the bridge and craft anything.
  14. Cyrrena Well-Known Member

This is absolutely gorgeous Gracey.

I thought I understood from your post that you placed each station on the elevated floor and then flipped them upside down. Then I read the post by Wizzam where they said when they saw all your crafting tables stacked up. Stacked up sounds to me like the are all placed on top of each other like a tower. When it is set up like this can you simply stand at for example the woodworking station and craft from all the other stations as well without walking over to for example the workbench?

I think I have totally confuddled myself now and will have to redo the wiring.

Thanks Gracey this is so gorgeous.

Cyrrena

(Still on AB but also from RtT when Gracey played there for a bit)
    Uwkete-of-Crushbone likes this.
  15. Gracey Well-Known Member

Yes... yes, that is how I did it in the above photo and my guild hall.

It can ALSO be stacked one on top of another to just create one work station. Either way works. I liked the idea of having individual stations for each craft, so that is how my guild hall is set up (like the photo).

And... thanks
  16. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

"Stacked up" as in all of them in the same space, at the same height? Since they don't have any collision detection...got it. :)

Uwk
  17. Gracey Well-Known Member

Yes. It can be done that way.
  18. Moonpanther Well-Known Member

Do you have to elevate the floor to do that? I'm always afraid my tables will get lost lol. I'm just starting to decorate my own guild hall. So lots of questions about the crafting table setups.
  19. Gracey Well-Known Member

Guild halls eat things just a fact of life... so I elevated the floor to eliminate the possibility of that happening. Anytime you try to place something (like in the floor) without another actual room under that floor you are probably going to lose the item. Same with walls - without another room on the other side of that wall... etc.

There is a very limited space in guild halls that you can push something into. If something isn't rendered on the other side, chances are it will eat the item.
  20. Cyrrena Well-Known Member

Thank you so much for the clarification Gracey. I was so afraid I would screw mine up, I left them alone until I wasn't confuddled any longer.

Cyrrena