How to get started in Sentinel's Fate

Discussion in 'Community News' started by ARCHIVED-Kiara, Feb 12, 2010.

1. ARCHIVED-Kiara Guest

[IMG]
    How to get started in Sentinel's Fate
    Welcome to Odus!
    To get started exploring, please visit any wizard spire. You will be transported to the Sundered Frontier, which will be the first area you'll wish to explore.
    Once you step into the Sundered Frontier, there will be representatives from your home cities who will be glad to show you the ropes and get you started.
    There are also rumors of a very excited gnome near the Sundered Frontier wizard spires who is just as eager for adventure!
  2. ARCHIVED-TheSpin Guest

I find myself wondering if there is any way to get to the Sentinel's Fate zones other than the wizard spire.
  3. ARCHIVED-Calthine Guest

TheSpin wrote:
    Nope!
  4. ARCHIVED-andycunny Guest

There is a druid ring in sundered frontier also, but obviously this requires the bush there to be collected. the 2nd overland zone (stonebrunt highlands) is only reachable by going through the sundered frontier.
  5. ARCHIVED-Zabjade Guest

Perhaps the Gnomes will establish an Flying boat ride past Luclin's Daggers and into the Rift to Odus (Sorry fan Idea was thinking of putting it in a fanfiction). BTW is Talysra’s Paw and the Ebb Chain Islands in Erud's Crossing part of the kidnapped lands or still fate unkown?
  6. ARCHIVED-Galithdor Guest

The gnome is way to eager, dont fall for it! He makes you do rigorous tasks for ERUDITES :p

But yeah, you can only get to SF through the spire, until you get the bush anyways.
  7. ARCHIVED-Calthine Guest

Don't forget, there will be a new Spire Guild Hall Amenity.
    BTW, I find the shortest, most agro-free spire to get to is in Enchanted Lands. It's usually jsut a few short hops to get there and very little agro along the beach to it..
  8. ARCHIVED-Finora Guest

=) I usally use a druid port from a guild hall (there are many guilds that leave theirs open for public use if your guild doesn' t have one) and go to Antonica. Just a very safe climb from the druid rings there to the wizard spires.
    For those that can't/don't want to do that Zek spires are equally easy to get too and 100% agro free (as long as you don't decide to swim and visit other islands). Beware coming to/from the EL spires. I discovered quite by accident over the Erollisi holiday that an agro fairy occassionally spawns between that first tree and the beach. She's in agro range of any one running along the shore there. It's rare (Been playing since launch and don't recall her there in the last 3 years at least when I've come through) but a nasty surprise if you aren't looking for her.
  9. ARCHIVED-Calthine Guest

Finora@Everfrost wrote:
    There's three of those agro fairies in the "safe" area, they've been there a couple years. They're totally avoidable if you know they're there, 'cause they don't move.
  10. ARCHIVED-Bariel Guest

Kiara wrote:
    However, if you play on an International server, please ignore this message as you will either, a) not be able to get the key you have already paid for, or, b) have to wait for your server to be patched despite the fact that the US servers are up and running

Not having a dig at you btw Kiara - but it is very frustrating
  11. ARCHIVED-Despak Guest

Is there any update on when (if) the other servers will be patched and unlocked? A rough eta, like this week, next week would be better than "they are on schedule" as that should have meant up at the same time as everyone else.
  12. ARCHIVED-Phaedrella Guest

Bariel wrote:
    But they had lots of data to convey, in borrowed canoes, o'er stormy seas, to Amsterdam!
  13. ARCHIVED-Lilaeth Guest

I'd love to get started in Sentinel's Fate - I even have my key!
    But the server is down for maintenance. I can't believe that this DL was contracted out to a company which took its server down for maintenance on the very afternoon the download was available!
    We in Europe already pay more for our subs than US players, given SOE's odd way of converting currencies. Our servers get the second-class treatment at each and every opportunity. As do we. It's time that attendance at 'Treating All Our Customers Equally 101' was made mandatory for the clowns running the company.
    Deeply unimpressed.
  14. ARCHIVED-Kiara Guest

Bariel wrote:
    I totally understand. We're working on it. On all of it :)
    Keep checking my update threads.
  15. ARCHIVED-lemey Guest

i'd rather not kiara, every time i look the news just gets worse :p
  16. ARCHIVED-Cordy Guest

I take it that the US servers are up and running tickety boo!!!! Latest ETA is
    Update:
    We are extending the ETA for the EU servers to be available to 5pm PST. We are hoping that we can be up sooner than that.
    The information that we are sending to update the client patchers is taking longer than we anticipated that it would. Ordinarily it only takes 3-4 hours and currently we've been updating for about 9 hours.
    We have a high amount of data patching out in three different languages, coupled with a lot of people trying to access the data at the same time.
    It's slowed the process down far more than anticipated.
    We appreciate your patience and apologize for the inconvenience.
    We'll continue to update you as we get more information
    I hope that we will get some kind of compensation from SOE
  17. ARCHIVED--=Hoss=- Guest

With a title like this, I was expecting a little more information. For instance, where do I enter the key? When can we start patching, and do we need to key to do that (I turned the patcher on before I left for work this morning, hopefully its getting updated). Is there a better thread for questions like this, or can someone enlighten me real quick?
  18. ARCHIVED-Lilaeth Guest

And 5pm PST is what when compared to GMT? See, that's so typical of how things are done - talk about European servers, and give them a deadline in a timezone that means nothing to them! Yes, it may be a smaller gripe than most of the things that need to be complained about, but it's a telling one!
  19. ARCHIVED-CorpseGoddess Guest

-=Hoss=- wrote:
    Can't help you with the patching issues, but you can enter your key at http://www.station.sony.com/ . Login, then go to "my account". At the bottom of the left-hand side menu, you'll see an option to enter activation codes. Follow the directions from there.
    Good luck!
  20. ARCHIVED-CorpseGoddess Guest

Lilaeth wrote:
    PST is -8 GMT time. So 5pm for us is 1am for you.