How to get from 100 to 110 Adventuring?

Discussion in 'General Gameplay Discussion' started by Robynous, Nov 17, 2019.

1. Robynous Well-Known Member

So I am trying to get a couple of toons up to 110 for the new content, and I am reminded of how hateful I found the Planes of Prophecy Timeline (the crafting too, actually). Yet the two releases before and one after I really liked, and would be happy to do those timelines to advance. Has anyone tried to advance by doing those?
    Soara2 likes this.
  2. Dude Well-Known Member

The only reasonable way to level from 100 to 110 is by doing the PoP signature lines.
    Raff, Soara2, Beee and 1 other person like this.
  3. Robynous Well-Known Member

I would like your reply except that I don't like it, but thanks anyway! So the two other 100+ level expansions make no impact whatsoever on getting beyond 100?
    Soara2 and Dude like this.
  4. Juraiya Well-Known Member

The problem is that the exp requirements to level after 100 are exponentially larger than for previous levels. That was specifically meant to discourage players from revisiting older content in order to level.

I don't think there's any way around that, unfortunately. You can't do the Myrist quests until you're 110, and you can't do older content in order to get to 110. PoP is the only way that I'm aware of.

EDIT: (Ninja'd) The prior two expansions were designed when the level was stuck at 100, so I think they felt there was no reason to give a large amount of exp. That's speculation, but I found out the hard way that there is NO WAY to level a 100 at all, just doing Thalumbra and KA quests.
    Soara2, Robynous and Dude like this.
  5. Cragfire Well-Known Member

Sadly, no way around it.. The signature line wasn't all to bad though.. should get you nearly there.

I know about 6 quests in, that quest, use to boost a player right to level 110.. But I believe it was fixed.
    Soara2 likes this.
  6. Svenone Well-Known Member

101-110? Two options. 1) Do the PoP signature quest line. or, 2) play another game.
    Ok, that was really only one option. Sorry. Do you feel like a rat in a maze, yet, only all of the false passages are merely illusions?
    Soara2, Carynn and Juraiya like this.
  7. Bludd Well-Known Member

well you could buy a level 110 bauble from the market place or a version of the BoL expac with such a bauble included
    Soara2 and Breanna like this.
  8. Robynous Well-Known Member

Thank you, that's really what I was asking: has anyone tried. That's really sad, because I like both of those expansions. Are they completely pointless now? Do devs get a hate on for previous dev's work and make it redundant out of spite? I wish one of them would hate PoP as much as I do and make that redundant!
    Soara2 likes this.
  9. Arclite Well-Known Member

This is one of the worst gating mechanisms not only in this game but ever. A player should be given freedom on how they want to level up. That means if they want to mentor down and do an old zone for content or just plain old being power levelled in a group zone then so be it. Back in the day it was a healthy competition between players where you wanted to get max level cap in a new expansion as soon as you are able to by scrapping every xp potion you had and finding a solid group to power through. Frankly, it was fun spending on a long night on launch with guildies/friends and ding to max. Now its about playing the game in window mode with eq2 wiki opened on the other screen and just cruise control on quests and then be given the best item in the expansion for zero effort.

I would completely understand the decision to make it so when the expansion launches so as to not let everyone max level in a few hours as the content itself is wafer thin these days but for old expansions its a no-brainer. There is no perceived benefit for not letting players/alts to catch up quickly to the current max level. It should be a choice to do quests, not a requirement.
    Robynous and Soara2 like this.
  10. Juraiya Well-Known Member

I think this is exactly what they're trying to prevent. A number of years ago I leveled one of my characters to max (at the time) by mentoring down and doing Fens and Jarsath Wastes. (I wanted the faction anyway, to get the recipes for her.) I strongly dislike Withering Lands (which was the latest content at the time), so wanted to find another way to get to 92 or 95, whatever was the max level at that time. They hadn't nerfed either the exp you could get in the old Kunark zones, or drastically increased the exp I needed to get to max level, so I was able to do this without a problem. I don't think it works anymore; from what I understand, they nerfed exp for some of the older content, because this sort of thing made the devs unhappy.

I don't think it's dev hate for previous expansions; I think it's dev pride for the current one. They're SO PROUD of what they made that they want you to HAVE to "experience" it, in order to see the wonderful work they've just completed. As you said, it's not about the players and how they can have fun, it's all about them, and showing off what they just made.

When the level cap first increased, I took my main to KA and did the questline (I hadn't even entered the area before that, no idea why), and his exp bar didn't even wiggle. I think it was at MAYBE 10% of the way to 101 by the time he finished the entire signature line. So there is absolutely no way to use KA to level. I then went to Thalumbra and finished the sig line there; I think at the end of it, he had another 10% of the way towards 101.

I personally love PoP. I think it's beautiful, and I dislike Thalumbra partly because it's so ugly. But everyone has different tastes and different preferences;DBG should allow people to play the way they want, instead of forcing them to do what makes the devs happy.
    Robynous, Soara2 and Breanna like this.
  11. Sigrdrifa EQ2 Wiki Author

Instead of doing the PoP sig line, you could do the soloable PoP instances. You get some quest XP from that if you pick up the quests from teh Crusaders' cave.
  12. Melkior Well-Known Member

Did they change that? I thought you had to be 105 to do the PoP instances and get the quests. In fact on your first toon, I didn't think you could zone into CoV until you completed the first part of the access quest. Maybe it's just been awhile though and my memory is faulty.
    Soara2 and Dude like this.
  13. Cragfire Well-Known Member

I think you can even zone into the Library at 100... Snarking off the first quest or two in that Sig line should produce some good xp... (unknown if this can be done as I went in at 110, but I saw level 100s in there)
    Soara2 likes this.
  14. Juraiya Well-Known Member

I take all my new level 100s to Myrist to activate all ascensions. So yeah, 100 to enter Myrist. :)

I don't recall seeing the quest feather on the non-110 characters, though. On the other hand, I wasn't really looking for it.
    Soara2 likes this.
  15. Dude Well-Known Member

If you already have access from other toons, you can enter at 100. I don't know why you would though, there's nothing for anyone in there under level 110.
  16. Juraiya Well-Known Member

Yeah there is: Ascensions. It is MUCH easier to start all four Ascensions at once going to the trainer there, than it is to go to all four DIFFERENT trainers in Obulus Frontier. I think someone mentioned that there's an Ascension trainer in the Colosseum of Valor that does the same thing, but with fast travel Myrist is a lot faster to get to.
    Soara2 likes this.
  17. Carynn Well-Known Member

This is one of the reasons why I haven't bought any of the expacs since KA. The thought of having to do the same thing over and over and over again - just like KA ascension leveling, which I only did once - for each of my toons to level to 110 was a big yeah, no. The variety of leveling options in this game until level 100 were excellent, and then :(. Requests have been made in the past for the XP of ToT and KA to be brought up to make leveling there viable, but like the XP nerf in AoM it's fallen on deaf ears.
    Robynous and Soara2 like this.
  18. Soara2 Well-Known Member

You only have to do the signature line to open PoP zones. You can do just the faction quests to level in PoP, unless they nerfed it since I quit. These are much easier than the signature line.
    Robynous and Breanna like this.
  19. Robynous Well-Known Member

With the 2XP at the moment and potions on full I got a toon to 110 doing one faction and just doing the hellish Plane of Innovation. I remembered fondly to a real-life EQ2 friend how much better earlier expansions were, such as the Eidolon Jungle, a real timeline, going from one end of the zone to the other, with just a couple of hellish instances. Using faction grinding as a timeline is inexcusable. Using nothing but hellish instances as the main timeline is inexcusable. And don't get me started on the "go to opposite end of massive zone" quests. Timesinks are not content.
    Soara2, Carynn and Juraiya like this.
  20. Soara2 Well-Known Member

I did the timeline on my mains, chose the faction things for alts, PoP timeline was not my favorite. CD was better imo for the adventure side. I have not wanted to do the crafting side for my alts though. KA and PoP kind of fried me though to be fair. It's a lot of harvesting which means fighting on alts I don't want to really do it on as well
    Breanna likes this.