how to get Echoes of Faydwer expansion

Discussion in 'Tips, Tricks, FAQs, and New Player Discussion' started by Antz, May 17, 2020.

1. Antz Member

EDIT:

Um, nevermind. I was trying to 'enter' the wrong way. Got there!!

Enjoy your game. :)

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Original 'newbie' post, lol:
    Hi, I'm wondering step by step, exactly how I can get the Echoes of Faydwer expansion.

Why? I've got three characters in their level 30's and I just learned about Mastercrafted weapons. My weaponsmith needs to buy an Advanced Weaponsmith Volume 33. From my googling, it appears it is (or was) sold by a Karalyn NPC in Steamfont.

I traveled over to the Steamfont 'entrance' on the map of Butcherblock Mountains, but it is a non-functioning opening. So I guess I need to get the expansion. I have no clue.

Any step by step tips for a young grandma playing solo on how to get to Steamfont when I'm not a member? Or a better way to get that Adv Weapon vol 33?

TIA :)
    Hartsmith and Carynn like this.
  2. mothelm Active Member

Antz if you are AB server ill be happy to let you join Rewind....it will open new possibilities in game for and at least make getting around the world a lot easier ........Contact Eixx if you would like to join.....ohh we are a guild based on doing older content =-)
    Cyrrena likes this.
  3. Cyrrena Well-Known Member

No matter whether you are a Free to Play player or a Subscription Player, you will have access to all lands through the Altar of Malice expansion. Here is a link to the wiki that contains the information for all the zones:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/EverQuest_II_expansions

If you purchase the latest expansion, Blood of Luclin, the standard version is something like $37.50 US, you will have access to all the lands with or without a subscription.
    Breanna likes this.