How to even get back into this game after a decade away

Discussion in 'Tips, Tricks, FAQs, and New Player Discussion' started by Canch, Sep 30, 2018.

1. Canch New Member

I stopped playing everquest II since about 2007. Today I though I look it again, I not downloaded the game yet but need to ask a few questions.

How do you search for your characters you have, I have about 8 alts and are these alts these on server.
    Why im I a new forum user, I used to post all the time back in the day.

What has changed since I been away, the rest I can come up with speed.
  2. Sigrdrifa EQ2 Wiki Author

The forums are now hosted on new servers. There have been many server merges in the last 11 years (the link takes you to a summary of which servers were merged into what).

If you remember your User Name and Password, simply download the Launchpad installer (click the link in the green box that reads "Already have a Daybreak Account? Download the Game.")

Run the Launchpad. It will ask you for your login credentials. Let it install the very updated version of the game. Don't select a character when it finishes downloading: just click the PLAY button and let it take you to the Character Select screen.
  3. Canch New Member

I downloaded the launcher and its downloading the game. I noticed its only showing 3 characters, my level 80 guardian, level 71 assassin and level 70 troubador all on the splitpaw server.

I know you need too buy this access pass to unlock all features. Im going read abit more on the changes and wait for the game to download and take it from there.

Thanks.
  4. Cyrrena Well-Known Member

Please let us know if you are still having issues when the game is fully installed. There are a few tricks we have that may help you.
  5. ConcealFate Well-Known Member

Honestly, you should scrap all those old toons and start a new one. Since you have been gone literally EVERYTHING has changed. It's going to take some time to get re-acclimated so don't get frustrated. Still a friendly community full of people willing to help. ;)
  6. Sigrdrifa EQ2 Wiki Author

No need to throw away half-leveled toons. He'll re-learn how to play them as he levels.
    Breanna, Momo, Wilowsong and 2 others like this.
  7. ConcealFate Well-Known Member

True....but you can level a toon to 80 in about 15 to 30 minutes...so wouldn't be a total loss
  8. Sigrdrifa EQ2 Wiki Author

I don't think so. I can get to about 30 in half an hour.
  9. Steelviper Active Member

Also I'd recommend not to be too quick to delete your years-old characters because some of the items they have of them might not anymore be available within the game, but replaced with newer items with different (usually higher) stats, and so be invaluable. 2007 is like a different age of the game, things went lost many times after that.