How to decide between two different setups.

Discussion in 'Berserker' started by ARCHIVED-Wulvereen, Jan 15, 2008.

1. ARCHIVED-Wulvereen Guest

So after getting this mirror to switch between achievement setups I have run into a problem. Normally i just run 4 4 8 str 4 4 8 5 sta 4 4 8 wis 4 4 8 int for my warrior tree. As for my Berserker tree I run 5 5 5 5 5 1 all the way down cyclone 5 5 5 5 5 4 1 all the way down Debilitation 5 in engulfing rage and 3 into war fury. This is all the points i have and is considered my DPS setup which i normally use all the time.

Now I am wondering about a tank setup for a my class ( Berserker ). I really was wanting to use a tower shield and become as defensive of a power house as possible. I tried this spec for the warrior tree 4 4 4 8 agi 4 4 4 8 Wis 4 4 4 8 Int the rest I threw into sta for more HP's. As for the berserker tree of this 5 5 5 5 missing unyielding and VOM and getting last ability in that tree grabbing end cyclone ability and grabbing end berserk ability adding as much to the defensive AA's as possible. Just to point out this setup cant hold Aggro worth a crap for me lol. But if i had a swashy and dirge in group would I be able to hold Aggro.

Really just looking for some ideas for a second set up for tanking love to hear some ideas of what you guys did or would do with being able to switch between two setups. Thanks ahead of time for your input.

Sepherwrath
    LVL 80 Zerker Bazaar

P.S. Really tired of wasting my cards ;P
  2. ARCHIVED-Schmalex23 Guest

uh, you went all the way down agi line and didnt pick up reflexes when looking to be defensive. wow
  3. ARCHIVED-RufusDeMarko Guest

yea Skel's gotta point....I take ONE point out of the WIS line just for the end ability in AGI (12 sec autoparry is QUITE worth it...the best thing in that line imo)
    The thing is we need DPS too though...it's half the battle of tanking with a berserker...if you can't hold aggro all that defense is for naught.
  4. ARCHIVED-Wulvereen Guest

Was looking for some ideas on setups really for more defensive tanking and not just straight offensive tanking. let me know if you guys have any suggestions what would be good to switch up with my DPS build or if I even should.

Thanks for the constructive comments.

Sepherwrath
  5. ARCHIVED-Ruskoff Guest

on my defense setup i even ran down the sta line for the 8% riposte+endspell (you heal yourself for a few hp, not much but hey, who cares at least it helps your healers a bit), agiline till the end, some points into the str. line. in the zerk tree i haven´t changed anything, all the debuffs, all the dps enhancements and of corse 5 points in wall of madness for an awesome 45seconds duration of my wall.
    i´ll post my exact spec when i got home from work :)