HOW-to Change Guild Hall Background Music

Discussion in 'Zones and Populations' started by Ceyarrecks Wunnfirr, Jul 17, 2019.

1. Ceyarrecks Wunnfirr Well-Known Member

re-posting from years ago for any whom might make use of,....
    =======================
    to change the background music in a Guild Hall.

In your EverQuest II folder (typically located in "C:\Program Files\Sony\EverQuest II\" )
    create a sub-folder named "custom_music" (minus the quotes)

Inside of the custom_music folder, create another subfolder named "zones"(minus the quotes), and another inside of that called "Guildhalls".

Finally, inside the Guildhalls folder, put a copy of the custom music you want (MP3 format), and rename the file to either "FREEPORT_GUILDHALL.mp3" or "QEYNOS_GUILDHALL.mp3", depending on which one you want to replace. The freeport file also affects Gorowyn guildhall.

# Zone out and back in to hear near music change.

The same process can be repeated for replacing any other music file with a custom one, as well.

I prefer the following:

%\EverQuest II\music\zones\_exp06\odus_north\North_Odus_Overland_POI02.mp3

...which is the peaceful music heard on the Ning Yun Retreat floating island in North Odus, Stonebrunt Highlands.

And should you ever decide you want the original music back, simply delete the file within the "custom_music" folder, and it will restore it to the original version. Actually the original version is never lost in the first place, this just simply forces the game to ignore the original if a custom is available.
    ============================

What is needed is the naming conventions so this technique can be applied to Prestige Housing too,... DEVs? :D
    Zeddicious, Breanna and Cyrrena like this.
  2. Arylai New Member

I'd be entirely willing to use an amenity slot for an antique looking/tinkered radio or jukebox to put in the guildhall and be able to select the music you want when you enter. That would be awesome. I'm trying the above advice, but I am unable to locate the music files to copy to put in the replacement file.
    Breanna likes this.