how to access Varsoon server

Discussion in 'General TLE Discussion' started by Craized, Sep 24, 2022.

1. Craized New Member

It might sound a bit daft, but I'm struggling with how to actually create a character on Varsoon. I'm from the UK, and I have a current all access account as of yesterday. On the patcher, under advanced options when I choose EU English, it doesn't offer a Varsoon option, and when I log in, it just shows my old characters, with no clearly available option to create new characters on a different server.

Under US English option it offers no options for Varsoon either.

After a google search there's mention of using beta (bit of a strange place to have a live server imo, and i suspect its old information from before the server went live, but I figured I'd give it a try), and when I tried that it does actually show Varsoon as a selectable server but when I try to enter the game via that option, things get even worse because it displays the 'server not available, try later' message, and when i click exit, it leaves the eq2 splash screen up with no way to turn it off other than a restart of my PC.

am i missing something obvious here, or is it really this much of a pita to figure out a server select option?
    Dude likes this.
  2. Craized New Member

ok, i figured it out.

for anyone else with similar issues:

choose US English option from the advanced options on the patcher (even though it won't show Varsoon as an option in the server list at this point)
    when it's downloaded any necessary files, start the game.
    hit create character, at this point it will give you several options, one of them being progression servers (im guessing you need to have all access to see or select it), choose this option.
    create character, and upon completion it will offer varsoon as one of the server options.
    Dude likes this.