How often do the city "sleigh bells ringing" presents spawn?

Discussion in 'General Gameplay Discussion' started by Siren, Dec 9, 2018.

1. Siren Well-Known Member

How often do the "sleigh bells ringing" presents spawn in major cities? Are they on a 2 hour respawn timer, or how does it work?

Also, what cities spawn the presents? I've only ever seen them in Freeport and N/S Qeynos.
  2. Rarkevan Active Member

I think it only happens when a player has bought a Gifty Bag from the market place, and opens it ( which can only be done by the sleigh in Freeport or Qeynos. After the player activating the gifty bag, some ( maybe ten?) presents will appear in about ten minutes time, around that sleigh. Some players announce they are about to open a gifty bag. Other times you have to luck out and be there as it happens.

As far asI know anyway.
  3. Siren Well-Known Member

These presents are spawning all around North and South Qeynos, and Freeport, not around a sleigh (where is the sleigh you are talking about?), which say "To you, from Santa Glug," in response to blue words in the chat saying, "Sleigh bells are ringing. Can you hear them?" as a loud bell sound rings out. They are large presents that say "A gift for you" on them.

I have just seen the a different thing on AB that must be the "gifty bag" you mean. Presents were strewn about SQ, saying they were a generous gift from player X.

This city "a gift for you" thing I'm talking about might be different than that, because there's a blue automated chat message about it like I said, and no player name saying who they're from. I just want to know the respawn timer for them, and what cities the presents spawn around. Is it just Freeport and Qeynos, or FFS, Neriak, Kelethin and Timorous Deep too?
  4. Rosyposy Well-Known Member

The sleigh is only in Qeynos and Freeport, and you can only see it when you purchase a gifty bag from the marketplace. Santa's helper runs all around the area dropping gifts - I believe 10 is correct. You receive a reward for opening a bag, but cannot open the gifts that drop from it.
    Pixistik and Siren like this.
  5. Siren Well-Known Member

Thanks, Rosy and Rarvekan, that's not the exact present-spawning thing I'm seeing now, but that's really cool to learn too!
    Rosyposy likes this.
  6. Elyria Well-Known Member

I found an announcement from 2016 that says

"Every few hours, Santa Glug will visit Qeynos Capitol District and the City of Freeport, but with so many Norrathians on the ‘Nice’ list this year, he is practically overflowing with presents! He has so many that he’ll randomly drop gifts as he runs along. His magical gifts will vanish within the hour so be sure to grab them while you can! Greedy ones beware: to keep you from hogging all the presents, Santa Glug has magicked his gifts so that you can only grab one every few minutes to help give others a chance to snag one too!"

...so whatever they consider a few;)
  7. Siren Well-Known Member

Thanks so much, Elyria!
    Pixistik likes this.
  8. Cyrrena Well-Known Member

Last year it was every 2 hours.
  9. Siren Well-Known Member

Thanks, Cyrenna!
    Cyrrena, Breanna and Pixistik like this.
  10. GrunEQ Well-Known Member

In what sections of Freeport do these appear in?
    Cyrrena likes this.
  11. Elyria Well-Known Member

I have seen the presents all over Freeport (maybe not West side?). If you're lucky, you can spot santa glug running around droppin' them! To make it easier, you can use tracking to help locate them: keyword "you". Or you can ask a guard i believe.

Happy Hunting!
  12. Cyrrena Well-Known Member

In FP, I have found the presents all over the city. In Qeynos, they are only in the North/South zone, they are never in the harbor.
    Pixistik, Breanna and Rosyposy like this.
  13. GrunEQ Well-Known Member

Yes, that has been my experience, too, that's why I asked about Freeport. Seems about right for Freeport as it's just one whole zone while Qeynos is zoned into sections.

Thanks all for the replies.
  14. Dude Well-Known Member

Yet another sign the so called queen is wicked to the core. She stole the presents from the harbor. Long live the most beneficent Overlord!
    Cyrrena, Rosyposy, Breanna and 3 others like this.
  15. Siren Well-Known Member

Oh, here we go! :p ;)
    Cyrrena, Dude and Rosyposy like this.
  16. Cyrrena Well-Known Member

I timed them night before last in Qeynos. The second sleighbells occurred 2 hrs 10 mins after the first, the third occurred 2 hrs 25 mins after the second, the fourth sleighbells occurred 2 hrs 42 min after the third, the fifth sleigh bells were 2 hrs and 45 mins after the fourth. So it appears the delay between sleighbells increases as the day wears on. I gave up after the fifth set as I was tired of standing around in Qeynos.
    Pijotre, Geroblue, Siren and 3 others like this.