How NOT to guild lead....

Discussion in 'Tips, Tricks, FAQs, and New Player Discussion' started by gaymer77, Jun 5, 2017.

1. gaymer77 Active Member

So I posted this on the ESO forums as this was an ESO related issue but I thought this was relevant here too. BTW the guild I'm in Hold The Door is recruiting and we don't put up with this kind of stuff. We are a supportive & helpful. Yes we might get a little adult at times but we have fun. If you are interested just message anyone in the guild for an invite and we'll set you up. We're on Antonia Bayle.

************************************************************************************************************************************

I find it amusing that a guild who's leader made sure to post a long post to the Facebook group that racial comments including saying "such & such in-game race is better than another" and it's supposed to be an inclusive guild for LGBT members decides to kick from the guild a woman who spoke up when another member trash talked Native Americans. She was promptly removed from the Facebook group as well as anyone who questioned what was going on. Yeah great leadership there....
  2. Dude Well-Known Member

Your right to have a guild that makes you feel comfortable is equal to their right to have a guild that makes them feel comfortable. *shrug*
  3. gaymer77 Active Member

The issue isn't having a guild that makes you feel comfortable or a guild leader that makes them feel comfortable. The issue is this GM posted he would not tolerate someone making comments about race superiority or racial comments including saying such & such race in-game is better a few months ago and then he goes and kicks someone who stuck up a race that was being picked on and anyone who backed her up.
  4. Gelenor Well-Known Member

Do not think this thread will survive moderation so inB4delete.

You might feel slighted by what happened but virtual cross game posting like this is just another form of naming and shaming.

If this was just a recruitment thread for your EQ2 guild then I might suggest you follow your own Guild recruitment message and "...leave drama at the door".
    Neiloch, Snikkety, Rozyn and 5 others like this.
  5. StoneLegion Active Member

I don't get this new age we live in. I thought finally everyone was equal and then you have an entire guild needing to shout out to the world their different. Can't we all just be equals?
  6. Moorefallen Active Member

Couple of things I took away from this thread. Point 1) Dark elves are the master race. Point 2) if ever your confused about which race is the best see point 1. otherwise If you want to do a your guild sucks Do it here Have a nice day;)
    Meneltel likes this.
  7. Meneltel Well-Known Member

Moorefallen, you are correct. The Teir'dal ARE the master race. Just right now, we have incompetent leadership, but with our new deity, I think things will improve for us.
  8. ConcealFate Well-Known Member

extreme political correctness is soooo annoying. Who really cares what color someone is? what preferences they have in partners? what religion? Honestly I could care less. Everyone is a person to me and one is no different than another.

Now when we get PC crammed down our throats constantly by an individual it becomes more annoying than the offenders, imo. Why is it necessary to broadcast constantly to everyone what your personal lifestyle is?

Im here to play a game...and Gelenors comment about "leaving drama at the door" is true....more like "we love drama, bring it on". We get it, Hold the Door is a guild geared towards gay folks. More power to you.
    Joesmoe, Prissetta and Snikkety like this.
  9. Kittybock Well-Known Member

Joesmoe likes this.
  10. gaymer77 Active Member

Hold The Door is not a guild geared towards gay folks. It is, however, a LGBT friendly guild and welcomes people from all walks in life. The guild from the first post is a guild in another game that is a "gay guild". The thing in question is they went to the extreme of saying they won't tolerate any racial comments including in-game racial comments (think of it l like someone saying Frogloks are the weakest race and need to be destroyed) yet when someone started talking crap about a real life race, the GM kicked the person standing up for the little guy and saying that was out of line comments.

Hold The Door (as well as other guilds in EQ2) don't put up with such things. That's because there are a lot of guilds who's leaders know when to prune the spoiled part from the guild and that such things make guild members uncomfortable. They don't kick the person saying to stop it.
    Uwkete-of-Crushbone likes this.
  11. Akoriv Member

And this is a perfect example of why I do my best avoid people who insist on shoving their special minority status in your face.
    Joesmoe, Dude and Snikkety like this.
  12. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

Racism (sexism, ageism, _____ism; prejudice) isn't over in this country. Not by a long shot (and it does seem to be rearing its ugly head again, sadly). I do think the guild leader was quite hypocritical, but then the rest of us here don't know the context precisely, so it's hard for us to judge, but it didn't look good however you slice it. :-/

I do agree that any extreme on either side is irritating at best, and the thing that bothers me the most about the most extreme PC sorts is that, while deriding various labels all over the place, they promptly come up with new "kinder, gentler" labels (example: "You can't call them 'colored people'! They're 'people of color'!"). Which are still labels. X-P

Uwk
    Snikkety, Semperfifofum and Prissetta like this.
  13. Joesmoe New Member

Like OMG?! Really ?! Who f^*% cares? Grow up.

Sex and race matter not. In game and out. Don't make it an issue and it won't be. Plain and simple.

Life is tough, People say mean and ignorant things.

I get you are just trying to promote your little guild.

Stop being whiny little drama queens. No one cares about something that may or may not have happened in the past, in your little world.

When you are sensitive like this you attract the very thing you detest. Or as they say...

When you are a hammer everything is a nail.
  14. Joesmoe New Member

Here we are spinning on an old rock around another old burning rock, and we humans (ego) think we are so important. Lol, Get over yourself silly.:p

Your Identity, or that little character story that keeps playing in your head ,ultimately, doesn't matter.

To strictly identify as something (LGBT, race, gnome ,etc,) is complete nonsense as you are a human being first. Funny thing is all creatures think they are Human. It's all one consciousnesses.

But anywayyyyyyyyyyyy.. I've played this game since start and never felt discriminated against. Actually most "LGBT" guilds seem to just cause trouble inherently.

Just be a normal guild that Welcomes all. This isn't a dating site after all.

But whatever..

I am you too. And by the time anyone reads this I really will have forgotten about this thread.

Bye now.
  15. Semperfifofum Well-Known Member

There are many such inconsistencies in the broad human rights / civil rights / equality movements. Women's rights became white women's rights for a while until somebody pointed it out and it fixed itself. Civil rights became black men's rights until the million man march failed and showed that they're better together than alone. We now have lawyer leaders who are black sticking up in the most amazingly brave ways for mainly the rights of white children. I'm referring to the Anti-Vaxxers and the black families who are suing because their kids are being denied the right of education. If you think that's a simple matter of delusion, look closer. Rights often mean "my rights, but not necessarily your rights too." Sad but all too human.

Kicking people for being PC is as bad as making a guild based on division and hate. If you are "tolerant" then you tolerate PC as much as any other opinion. I think the problem is sticking your opinion in someone's face and demanding they agree. I don't know if that woman you mention was obnoxious enough to do that, but if she was and she wasn't expecting sanction, then she was naiive.
    Uwkete-of-Crushbone likes this.
  16. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

If you want to know what to call someone, ASK THEM. They might just say something like, "John [or Jane] Smith. How d'you do?" and offer you a hand to shake. :)

Uwk
    Enoibia and Prissetta like this.