How much difference does the racial +5% or -10% power make?

Discussion in 'Tradeskill Discussion' started by ARCHIVED-ExtremeFajita, Dec 20, 2007.

1. ARCHIVED-ExtremeFajita Guest

Just wondering if it's:
    a.) a small enough difference that it's nice if you have it but still can get decent critical successes without
    or
    b.) significant enough that if you plan on doing alot of crafting you should align your characters' bonus with their crafting profession.
    Thanks in advance for your comments.
  2. ARCHIVED-Calthine Guest

By itself, not much difference. But there are items you can acquire along the way that add to that, and when you start adding a lot of crafting bonuses together it really makes a difference.
  3. ARCHIVED-Hanoverian Guest

I used to do the tradeskill quests in order to get the vest that added +1 to everything and I would wear it every time I crafted. I also obtained the bonus from the Village of Shin quest rewards. Then one day, out of laziness, I stopped equiping those bonus items before crafting and, what do you know, nothing really changed. Sure, I might get one or two less "critical sucessses" but who cares? I finish all of my rush orders with between 2:30 and 3:30 to spare every time, without any bonus items. I decided to clear up teh inventory space and have sold off all that stuff. It just isn't worth it.
  4. ARCHIVED-Vifarc Guest

It makes difference if you're crafting while drunk or watching tv:
    It can help when you trash your job, giving a little more luck to achieve.
  5. ARCHIVED-Calthine Guest

Hanoverian wrote:
    Well, seeing the number of crit successes on my fully-loaded woodworker compared to my provisioner who doesn't even have the tunic.... yeah, there's definitely a difference!
  6. ARCHIVED-Bakual Guest

But then, there are also small differences between the crafter classes which could mess up your comparision :)
  7. ARCHIVED-Hanoverian Guest

Calthine wrote:
    Don't get me wrong Cal, I'm sure there are more crit successes when you are properly equipped. My point was that you don't need to be to finish rush orders and still have a couple of minutes to spare. That said, why bother equipping the tunic and the other buffs?
  8. ARCHIVED-Calthine Guest

Nope, you definitely don't need them. But they're nice to have, and there's a noticeable difference.

Which is what I've been saying all along.