How many Rangers have Betrayed/Changed Mains/Stopped Playing?

Discussion in 'Ranger' started by ARCHIVED-Mathrin, Mar 25, 2010.

1. ARCHIVED-Umub Guest

In my experience the ranger is generally a lot faster in the outdoor zones against the non-heroic and ^heroic mobs. I can generally kill these mobs at range in about 1-2 second for non-heroic and 3-4 seconds for heroic. Then tab target another one and do it again. With an SK you have to "collect" the mobs to kill. So in reality I spend more time running around aggroing the mobs to kill or tab target and attacking to bring them to me than I do on my ranger. In more densely pack areas, then sure the SK is going to be a better bet. Plus it is just plain fun on my SK to collect 10-15 mobs in a circle around me and blow them up. But in many cases it is not faster.
    Same is true for a lot of the T8 named mobs. In Sebilis and Chardok, I can take down the ^^^named mobs in about 10 seconds. Much slow with my SK. Although his gear isn't as good yet either. But it's still a 30-40 second fight. Plus I am more likely to have to deal with stuns, stifles, etc.
  2. ARCHIVED-jjlo69 Guest

well there is one less ranger on mistmoore

uncle has betrayed as of
    5/18/10

gl to all that hang around as rangers as i could not take it any more

uncle
  3. ARCHIVED-glowsinthedark Guest

NOOOOOOOOOOOOooooooooo!!!!!!!!!!!! Not you too, Uncle
    /mourn
  4. ARCHIVED-Neiloch Guest

I'll quit before I betray, because that would be the customer accommodating them instead of the way it should be, them accommodating the customer. Plus frankly betraying doesn't give them ANY incentive to fix things.
  5. ARCHIVED-Nevao Guest

Neiloch@Crushbone wrote:
    Sadly I'm begining to think that they already are the point of no incentive to fix things.
  6. ARCHIVED-Neiloch Guest

Guess that's true. No one playing rangers could be a big incentive to not 'waste' time fixing them. Everyone in the game could be playing SK's for all they care just as long as they are getting paid. Which is why subbing or not subbing (or the potential of losing subs) is really all you can do to enact change. But with their apparent drive to get new PvP subs opposed to keeping people here happy that kind of loses it power as well. Big flaw in that plan is people don't need a sub to spread bad word of mouth.
  7. ARCHIVED-Ranja Guest

8. ARCHIVED-loramil Guest

I wanted to give the Assassin class a try, but i like soloing as a ranger too much to give it up.
    So I started an Assassin from scratch.
    I'll give up my Ranger when SOE closes it's doors!!!
  9. ARCHIVED-Tommara Guest

Changed mains.
    Played a paladin to 90, now working on troubador. Their group desirability is huge compared to ranger.
    I haven't even bothered to re-assign my ranger's AA points after SF wiped them.
    I should know better. I've played a ranger type in every MMO I've ever played, which has been a lot. I had high hopes for EQ2, since the lower level ranger is quite nice.
    But in the high level game, rangers just aren't needed.
  10. ARCHIVED-Mathrin Guest

Well....
    I officially changed my main to my Mystic last night. I've been asked to play him for 90% of our raids since SF came out. I got the Wurm bow out of Tox and a couple of nice weapon upgrades, but besides that, I've been passing on T1/T2 gear for our other scouts because I haven't had the heart to spend my stored DKP on my ranger.
    What was sucking even more was that my Mystic is on a separate account so I wasn't even getting Marks that could be used on my ranger.
    At this point, until Sony steps up and announces some fixes, my ranger is going to be a battleground/solo power leveling toon. My wife has a 90 raiding assassin already that I have played some. I really don't care for either the mechanics or the style of play so I will not betray. I like the mechanics of my Ranger too much to do that.
    I think what hurt this most was when the main change was announced, one of our guildies commmented by saying....
    "Wait, that means we don't have any Ranger mains in our raid force. Oh well, not like we really needed one anyways...."
    Thanks Sony for trivializing Rangers for this portion of the game.