How many Rangers have Betrayed/Changed Mains/Stopped Playing?

Discussion in 'Ranger' started by ARCHIVED-Mathrin, Mar 25, 2010.

1. ARCHIVED-Mathrin Guest

Just out of curiousity, I was wondering how many other rangers out there have chosen the paths of betrayal to assassin, changed to a different main, or stopped playing their ranger altogether?
    In my situation, I have chosen or been asked to play my Mystic 85 to 90% of my raiding time now. While I am not in a top tier raiding guild doing end line SF content, I am still finding it hard to justify bringing my ranger to a raid with my current dps and lack of raid utility. Pretty much everyone in our raid force is 90 with 235+ aa's now, and from what I have seen personally, my ranger has improved far less than the other scouts and mage dps.
    From what I've seen at the "site that shall not be named", top tier Assassins are parsing 50-60k, warlocks are doing 40-50k, wizards are doing 35-40, while rangers are bringing up the rear in the 30-35k range. I am also seeing Dirges, Swashies, Brigands, Conjy's, and Necros hitting 30-35k. I don't think there can be any denying the fact that Rangers are definitely a T2 dps class now.
    I have read the thread below about Discriminatory Game Mechanics where a couple of the Dev's said they would look into the issues with our class when they have time. While that gives me some hope that maybe a few months from now, I might be needed again, I just don't have the heart right now to be an average dps with almost no group/raid utility.
    I was mainly just curious from reading the threads on various websites and also here, how many people have chosen to shelve their rangers for now.
    I'm hoping maybe someone will tell me that I just suck at playing my ranger and the gaps in dps/utility I'm seeing are just because I'm pressing the wrong buttons. Please tell me that this is so! At least that is something that I could work on and fix myself before I lose hope.
    Thanks for reading and taking time to respond fellow rangers!
  2. ARCHIVED-Toball Tokor Guest

Well I quit playing altogether, so one :)
  3. ARCHIVED-bryan4171 Guest

I am just considering moving to another game if we get no actual word from Devs soon which I doubt there will be. On the bright side SWTOR is out soon, maybee it will be worth giving a shot.
    So they lose a almost 6 year account they got my money already. No big deal to them i guess.
  4. ARCHIVED-Delarm131 Guest

It sorta gets to me that I made a Ranger around Expansion release and rushed him to 90, now knowing that his dps is lower than most DPS classes. I still enjoy the ranger and will continue playing him and a few alts for a while.
    If they do fix the rangers I bet most servers will be over populated with them since it seems so many people have one and are waitign for the fix.
  5. ARCHIVED-EQ2Magroo Guest

Well my subscription runs out on Friday and I've not renewed it.
    This release had so much promise, especially given the extended release cycle the devs had, but it's been riddled with bugs/problems all of which were easily forseen and avoidable. Everything about the release just makes me believe more and more that all the experienced devs have left, and we're destined to repeat all the past mistakes again whilst the new guys learn their trade.
    It wouldn't suprise me if they haven't even *started* to look at the Ranger problems yet, what with having to resolve all the BG stuff etc. I might be wrong, but if I was you I wouldn't hold my breath for any fixes in the next LU (whenever that eventually arrives)
    BTW for those continuing to play - I have 100,000+ titanium field points for sale on broker at 7s each, so come get em quick :)
  6. ARCHIVED-Ranja Guest

Mathrin wrote:
    I quit. Sub runs up soon. I did switch to an SK though for my remaining time. I will never buy another SOE game again. Given their customer service and support.
  7. ARCHIVED-Walford Guest

Like Adeyar I play an INQUISITOR, and this has been my main since the end of EoF.
    I have found the history of attempting to level our DPS with other top classes through the use of one single bow at the end of a tier has been a thoroughly off-putting element of being a ranger.
    I have also been disappointed with changes made to the class at the end of an expansion which really would have improved issues identified by rangers at the outset of said expansion! That is the worst kind of punishment, because it just makes you feel like it is done with intent to constrain your gameplay.
    I am not level capped or capped in my AA for TSO as yet, but I am not 'chomping at the bit' either.
    I will continue to sub... as this game is about more than parses for me at this point, but I would steer people away from rolling up a ranger on the assumption that they can easily raid with it.
    Canul
    Guild Officer... Ranger
    <Renegades> AB
  8. ARCHIVED-bryan4171 Guest

Well just an update I think Sunday will be my last day as a ranger........
    I guess I could always betray back.
  9. ARCHIVED-Ranja Guest

Ranja wrote:
  10. ARCHIVED-billchivers Guest

Swapped my main to be a Dirge instead.
    Have only played my ranger for crafting (he is a ww).
    My ranger will be the last of my adventuring toons to be levelled past 80, and when his turn does come I will assess the curent state of play at that point. Unless there have been radical changes he will be betraying.
  11. ARCHIVED-bryan4171 Guest

Well i think my Sig. Block says it all. And all i can say is wow not what I wanted but it is a fun class. FYI my DPS pretty much doubled.

If ranger changes ever do come thru I betray again only took 2 hours.
  12. ARCHIVED-Ademelo Guest

I've been playing my Warden as my main since xpac came out. I've leveled my ranger up and I play a bit here and there, but I can't justify being in a raid when there's so many other options to chose from that bring more dps and more utility than he does, so he's effectively shelved also. My subscription runs out in May. If nothing is done to FIX the ranger class, that will be my last day on the game. I've given the game 6 years, since day 1, so I'm sure SoE won't care since they have my money also.
  13. ARCHIVED-Myrrhia Guest

I just bought SF and am in the process of leveling my Ranger to 90. It's been decent so far, but I have no illusions for the future. Ranger has always been and will continue to be my favorite class starting with EQ 1 and I admit it has been painful to see and experience the changes that have occurred. I have been switching between my SK and my Warlock in the interim.
  14. ARCHIVED-kidpaul Guest

I may say harsh things about the class I play. I might sometimes joke about the class I play even thou it doesn't come of as a joke but to answer the question.
    "from my cold, dead hands"
  15. ARCHIVED-TaleraRis Guest

I've been on an MMO hiatus for a bit now, especially during school. But I could never betray Gwyneth. She is and always will be a ranger, no matter how they change us.
  16. ARCHIVED-Sydares Guest

Spending the XP weekend grinding AAs on my Paladin.
  17. ARCHIVED-bryan4171 Guest

So thought I would say goodbye,
    My sub ends 6/1
    I was fed up with the lack of anything with rangers, so I betrayed did not enjoy that play style, so decided to cancel.

I hope all of you that are waiting for a ranger fix get what you are looking for.
    SOE you suck over the last 3 years took a class I loved to play (5 year account) and destroyed it. If you do not start listening to your customers we are all going to bail on you. I dont care how great new content is or how pretty you make it look with shaders 3.0, bottom line if im not happy with my class I will go elsewhere. And the new update was just a huge let down for most of the Ranger community.

And i guess one last note when people cry the answer is always not to "nerf" a class seems this is your new approach to everything, would explain why class balance is so out of wack.
    Get back to basics of what each class does, Tank, CC, Heal, DPS.

Good hunting all !!!!
  18. ARCHIVED-Umub Guest

I considered betraying when SF came out and I was 80, but decided to stick it out. I am very happy that I did. I don't currently have time to raid and don't expect to for a while, so I spend my time Soloing, doing instances and BGs. I find my ranger does great at all three. Soloing on my ranger is much faster and easier than my SK. I just kill stuff faster. And doing PUGs and guild groups, I am still at the top of the parse with very few exceptions.
    I do understand and sympathise with the issues for raiding rangers, but as a currently non-raiding ranger, I am very pleased with the changes made for SF.
  19. ARCHIVED-glowsinthedark Guest

Umub wrote:
    While you may be able to kill single mobs faster with your ranger, if you aren't able to kill more mobs overall in a faster period of time with your SK then you aredoing something wrong. SKs were made for pulling swarms
  20. ARCHIVED-Ranja Guest

glowsinthedark wrote:
    Yes agreed. I play and 86 SK as well as a ranger since release. While the ranger might be able to kill one mob faster, my SK mowed down multiple mobs and could complete quests way faster because of this