How many alts can use sales crates in a SC Prestige home?

Discussion in 'General TLE Discussion' started by Siren, Sep 27, 2019.

1. Siren Well-Known Member

I've heard there are different limits on how many alts on the same account can sell, using sales crates, out of the same prestige home.

Does anyone know what the limits are for certain homes? What's the max limit, and which homes have that? I want to buy 1 prestige home, and sell out of sales crates (so people can come in and get the discount off broker fees) with as many alts as possible.
    Cyrrena and Breanna like this.
  2. Schmetterling Well-Known Member

No idea I seen one home with a whole room full of crates must have been like 50 or more , but each alt can only have 6 no matter where they put them.
    Cyrrena, Breanna and Siren like this.
  3. Siren Well-Known Member

Yeah, I really do think the smaller homes have lower limits on how many sales crates can be displayed on the floor of the home though. I just want to know what those limits are, especially right now with the entire SC shop on sale, and an extra 10% off for gold subbers to boot! :D
  4. Schmetterling Well-Known Member

only one way to find out , begin cramming them in there
  5. Siren Well-Known Member

Lol! What to buy, what to buy.

I love Deepwater Retreat, but of course that was a Chaos Descending megabucks upgrade. :p I'm surprised people can /claim that on Kaladim. Is that the only way you can get it, and can I still upgrade my Chaos Descending to get it or no?
  6. Schmetterling Well-Known Member

they let you claim all those , because there are so many people now playing only on TLE servers only , so that they would not be able to sell those expansion packs unless they let people use anything besides mercenaries and other things we can't use here . So the last expansions people were allowed to use the mounts crates , houses and so on .
    the older expansion packs , before the first TLE server came out , can't be claimed on any TLE server .
    I was thinking about getting the last house , unless they come out with a building block multi pack for the last view expansions , I would sooooo buy that .
    Cyrrena, Breanna and Siren like this.
  7. Siren Well-Known Member

Wow, great to know! Thanks a bunch!

Okay, we can still buy the Chaos Descending Collector's Edition upgrade, at 50% off right now (plus another 10% off for members) and get the Deepwater Retreat, that coral/water prestige home.

https://www.everquest2.com/expansion-content

Dang! I have to think about this.
    Cyrrena, Rosyposy and Breanna like this.
  8. Cyrrena Well-Known Member

I have not found a limit to the number of alts that can sell out of a small house. I had one of the small 3 room inn rooms in Qeynos and had 20 alts on one account selling out of it, I never received any warnings or anything so I assume I could have put more in there if I had wanted to.
    Breanna, Rosyposy and Dude like this.
  9. Siren Well-Known Member

My concern is that there is a limit to the amount of *sales crates* you can display out on the floor of the house, for players to buy directly from. I think there's a limit to how many sales crates you can place out on display, that depends upon the size of the house.
  10. Tkia Well-Known Member

That would be a minimum of 200 then. And seriously if you're thinking of having that many in one place I won't be visiting you to shop. I can think of lots of things I'd rather be doing than looking through all those crates for the one item I wanted to buy.
    Ragna and Cyrrena like this.
  11. Siren Well-Known Member

Instead of being snide, you should probably step back and realize that in fact they aren't all 200 by a long shot. I bought a small house on Fallen Gate, and placing sales crates on the floor came to a grinding halt at 4 placed total, 1 for each of 4 characters.

At the time, someone on chat said the bigger homes have bigger limits on how many sales crates can be displayed on the floor. I was just trying to find out what limit that was.

But hey, why be helpful when you can be nasty, ignorant and wrong all at the same time. Well, at least everybody knows what type of person you are now, on the plus side. We can block you all the more quickly in game now.
  12. Tkia Well-Known Member

Actually I was attempting to point out a problem that many sellers seem to have failed to consider. Personally I rarely visit houses these days because of it - fat easier to just pay the broker fees than waste a bunch of time zoning and rummaging.

And if you know the limit is based on house item counts and the lowest of those is in the hundreds, which you're not contemplating reaching, where is the problem?
    Cyrrena likes this.
  13. Schmetterling Well-Known Member

Siren just like Tkia pointed out sales crats count as furniture , so if you have a nice decorated house you will be able to only place as many of those crates as you have open spaces left.
    Cyrrena, Breanna and Rosyposy like this.
  14. Siren Well-Known Member

Except...my little home was empty. I hadn't decorated it, not with even one thing besides the sales bulletin board.

4 characters from the same account all had Trustee acess, and all 4 characters (1st being house owner, and the rest being alts from the same account) put 1 crate down each. When I tried to place 1 sales crate for a 5th alt, the game gave me a message saying I couldn't place any more sales crates in that house, that it had reached its limit.

I really think the home I bought on Fallen Gate was the Personal Planetarium.

Look, at this point, I already bought the Personal Grotto for Kaladim, which is much bigger. It's empty, too, so I'm sticking a sales crate in there from each character and seeing if it limits me, too. It would be nice to have an official guide or wiki info on this situation, though, as there doesn't seem to be much online about this problem. Is there some sort of bug with the Personal Planetarium, or are the smaller homes very limited in the amount of crates you can place to "encourage" sales of bigger homes?

And for the record, each charater's crate has that character's name on it. I don't see what the big deal is about having multiple crates in a house: They're each labeled.
  15. Schmetterling Well-Known Member

I total belief you Siren , but that has to be a bug , I put at least 50 in a simple home you know the ones you can get for
    free and only 6 silver rent.
  16. Siren Well-Known Member

You know, those characters are on AB now of course, post-merger. I should check that house again just for kicks. I just assumed it was a forced limitation, especially when someone on the chat said yes, that was a problem with the smaller homes, and the bigger homes can display more sales crates. It never occurred to me that it could be a bug; I should have relogged and checked again. :p

On live, I have so many /claimable houses like mistmoore crags, lavastorm and everfrost, and so many /claimable "50% off broker fee" sales crates, that I just use /claims on every character and never have to think about it.
  17. Schmetterling Well-Known Member

yea check it out just so we know if they restrict the really small homes to such a low number .
    I am playing on Kaladim and I can place more but I don't have the really , really small home .
    Cyrrena, Rosyposy and Breanna like this.
  18. Cyrrena Well-Known Member

I had the small 3 room Qeynos inn room like I said and had 20 characters selling out of it, each of them had 2 sales crates placed in the room and a market board that is all and I never received any warnings or messages saying I could not place any more or anything. I have a Personal Planetarium, I can try it if you find that you are getting that message on yours still. Let me know.
    Dude, Rosyposy and Breanna like this.