How is Lucan D'lere still alive?

Discussion in 'History and Lore 2' started by Thraeleiel, Apr 4, 2021.

1. Thraeleiel New Member

I've seen Lucan in Freeport since EQ1 and fast forward to EQ2 he's still alive and kicking after 500 years(unusual for an average human). Is there any lore behind Lucan's apparent immortality?
  2. Cusashorn Well-Known Member

He's a lich. This has always been his backstory ever since EQ1 started. He used to be a faithful paladin to Mithanial Marr, until he became tempted by the pursuit of power. He eventually had his powers stripped away from Mithanial Marr directly after betraying him, found some never-explained method of becoming a Lich (or Revenant, I guess), and has ruled Freeport ever since. Only Tayil N'Velex knows where he keeps his soul phylactery, but she's not telling, especially since she's now serving eternity in the Plane of Justice for greater crimes.
    Finora, Schmetterling and Breanna like this.
  3. Argoniandude New Member

similar story like Arthas from WOW who was once a pally and he ended up as the Lich King after getting power hungry.
  4. Schmetterling Well-Known Member

what about the dark elf queen in Neriak , isn't she supposed to be immortal too ?
    Breanna likes this.
  5. Cusashorn Well-Known Member

That is actually a good question. When Neriak was released and Christanos entered back into the world's lore, players immediately discovered that *something* has happened to her, because she now speaks with a deep demonic voice overlaid with her own.

There's just.... nothing to explain any of that. The Arasai race worships her as a god because she's the one who gave them life in the first place, but there's pretty much nothing to explain the demonic presence in her voice. She's never played any major part in Norrath's events since then (I can't even think if she ever appeared anywhere outside of her own throne room.)
    Rifuul, Breanna and Schmetterling like this.
  6. Schmetterling Well-Known Member

neither can I think of any times she must be bound to at least her palace , I can't imagine she goes to the bathroom on her throne .
    Soulwhisper and Breanna like this.