How I made EQ2 beautiful again

Discussion in 'Tips, Tricks, FAQs, and New Player Discussion' started by Semperfifofum, Aug 19, 2017.

1. Semperfifofum Well-Known Member

I've been envious of my husband's Macintosh, the colors and depth are much better on his monitor. So I tried a bit of tweaking and thought I'd share the tip.

1. I updated my *monitor* drivers (not video drivers, although those should be kept up also)

2. I discovered that f.lux (a program to help you fall asleep better after too much screen-time)... can be used to set your monitor's "warmth" level manually. I find that the Halogen setting is just perfect for my monitor, and brings out the intensity of colors that I see on Mac's. (YMMV though)

As a bonus, parchment no longer looks flat and "tan" but looks gold-sienna like it should, and fire looks like the real thing. Magic effects are even nicer, and I'm finding myself fascinated by things like cobblestones, the frozen ground in New Halas, the texture of bricks... etc.

Try it. :)
    Spindle and Prissetta like this.
  2. Rosyposy Well-Known Member

Thanks for the reminder! I used f.lux on my last computer, but had never installed it on my current computer until today. I use dual monitors, and it has driven me crazy that I could not get the colors exactly alike... until I tried the Color Fidelity setting. Woot!
    Semperfifofum likes this.