How high do you want Double Attack?

Discussion in 'Ranger' started by ARCHIVED-Xoris, Jul 31, 2010.

1. ARCHIVED-Xoris Guest

I'm at 109% Double Attack skill, but still only getting about 80% of my shots to double attack. How high do you need the Double Attack skill to be to get 100% of your shots to double attack?
  2. ARCHIVED-Pattywak Guest

100% = 100% with double attack. That doesn't mean that the second shot will always hit though. Try getting your hit chance higher by raising your ranged skill with adornments and gear. My ranger sits at over 100% but only hits ~97% of the time in raids so its also about hit chance against the mobs.
  3. ARCHIVED-Xoris Guest

This is probably a silly question, but what ranged skill are you talking about. In my skills, ranged is 525/525. How would I increase that?
    My Agility is only 1092, as that gets closer to 1370 will my hits improve?
    Also, I have 0% Accuracy in combat skills. Would increasing that one or two percent help anything? Or is there a way to get a bigger increase in accuracy?
    And thanks.
  4. ARCHIVED-Neiloch Guest

More Ranged SKill you have the more accurate attacks will be. There are many ways to do this.

Temp buffs Killing Instinct and Focus Aim increase ranged, Focus Aim also increases accuracy outright. So even if you have haste and DPS stats capped in raid they are still useful for accuracy.
    You can get white/crafted adornments that increase weaponskill as well.
    AA points in "offensive prowess" in the TSO scout tree will make your offensive stance increase it as well.
    I run with about 700 ranged slashing and piercing solo, more in raids using my temp buffs and such and my auto attack still has like a 70% hit rate on the harder raid mobs.
  5. ARCHIVED-Xoris Guest

I have the "offensive prowess" AA's, and try to use Killing Instinct and Focus Aim as often as possible. But I was not using them in my test.
    And are you talking about the Heightened Power adornment, the one that adds to ability modifer? My ability is currently at 729. My Potency is only at 4%. Im working on increasing both.
    Again, thanks a lot, everyone is always very helpful.
  6. ARCHIVED-Writer Cal Guest

Ethereal Adornment of Weaponry -- adds + crushing. piercing, ranged, and slashing.
    Heightened power adorns and ability mod will not help your auto-attacks hit more often. They will make your CAs and detaunts hit for more.
  7. ARCHIVED-Pattywak Guest

Even if you're at "cap" for ranged you can still increase it with the adornment of weaponry and anything else you can get to increase it.
  8. ARCHIVED-Xoris Guest

You all have been great. Currently my Crit Chance is 117%, and Double Attack is 105%. Will it hurt either if I lower them to increase my Ranged Attack? I would normally just do tests on dummies, but since you lose the adornment when you change it, it could get very expensive.
    Or, is Ranged Attack more important than Crit Chance, or Double Attack?
    Again, this has been very exciting for me. Thanks.
  9. ARCHIVED-Neiloch Guest

double attack over 100 does nothing. I *think* there may be a raid mob or two that debuffs it but its so much it won't matter how much extra you have.
    100 crit chance is *supposed* to gurantee 100% crit chance according to devs, but player tests have shown otherwise. So for true 100% crit chance you need to have something like 110 crit chance.
    Ranged does help with ranged hit rate, but like I said I have about 700 and a lot more on raids and still can't get close to a 100% hit rate. I imagine there is someone else who would know more about this than I.
    As for which to get, crit bonus is a big deal for rangers. It increases both CA and auto attack damage, while things like potency and ability mod only increase CA damage. Knowing that though, crit bonus only works when you critically hit, so to take full advantage of crit bonus. You want to have a 100% crit rate but you need over 100 crit chance to get a 100% crit rate on significantly higher level enemies (level 98 about).
    So basically what you are aiming for is 100% double attack, about 105-110 crit chance. After that as much potency, ability mod and crit bonus you can get a hold of. As for ranged skill I honestly don't know if its even possible to get a 100% hit rate through significantly high weapon skill, I would guess not since I THINK there are uncontested defense mechanics (make you miss no matter what), again I'm sure theres someone who knows more about this than I.
  10. ARCHIVED-Xoris Guest

I've made some of the suggested changes, will need to get better armor for the rest. It looks like about a 300 to 500 jump in DPS for AutoAttack with my bow. Thank you all very much.