How far could we get w/o a real tank?

Discussion in 'General TLE Discussion' started by Nurse_MGP, Jul 6, 2017.

1. Nurse_MGP New Member

So my brother and cousin gonna start playing cause they already 50 on Agnarr and bored. Also they been wanting to try out EQ2 as well. Since none of us really like playing tanks we are thinking about doing something like Fury, Troubador, Conjuror or Fury, Illusionist, Conjuror. Would something like that work or do we need a real tank?
  2. Solmors New Member

It would be possible to do everything except group zones that are higher/on-level. And it would be slower than with a tank.

In other words, you will be able to quest and everything just fine. But dungeons/group zones will be difficult and slow. You'll probably want to be a little overleveled for where you go (ex. fighting level 20 mobs when you are 22-25), and you will have to do smaller pulls than if you had a real tank (pull single encounters, not full rooms). But you would be able to get to 50 that way. At 50 however, you will definitely need a tank for end level zones.

Also, there are tons of people playing tanks (90% of them are SKs it seems), so getting someone to tank for you wouldn't be too hard. Especially since you have a good combo already with a healer, dps, and util. Unless you don't want to play with anyone else...
  3. Zenji Well-Known Member

I know a group was running Sol Eye the other night successfully, with Conji, Conji, Necro, Coercer, Brigand, Fury(?). Not an ideal group but they were making it work. Class knowledge and player skill can take you a long way.
  4. Sixgauge Well-Known Member

I think you would be fine if you all maintain good geared/etc characters and are good at pulling the mobs you want and controlling your pets. I would probably want the illy over a troub, for crowd control and ranged damage. If you replaced the illy with a tank, I don't think you are really gaining that much... and could have the tendency to pull more mobs than your trio has mana and damage to kill in a reasonable time.
  5. Nurse_MGP New Member

is there a Trio out there we could play that would be better damage? I figured 2 casters and a healer with decent DPS would blow up a lot of stuff.
  6. Mountbatten Well-Known Member

Chaneler, Illy, Necro/Conj probably. That way you get decent DPS plus a tank pet if you really need it.
  7. Nurse_MGP New Member

the answer is...Not Very Far lol. We did just fine questing but went to BB at level 13. Got owned lol. I think we gonna have to rethink our group makeup and someone is gonna have to suck it up and play a tank. Might try Berserker, Defiler, Necro or maybe SK, Defiler, Warlock.
  8. Nurse_MGP New Member

We ended up going with SK, Defiler, and Necro. My cousin drew the short straw for playing the tank and wanted to play SK.
  9. Adoninilol Well-Known Member

Tbh leveled all the way up without a tank at some points and it went fine~