How does the 'vitality' exp bonus work?

Discussion in 'Tips, Tricks, and New Player Questions' started by ARCHIVED-Sawtooth, Dec 22, 2007.

1. ARCHIVED-Sawtooth Guest

Does this vitality build up whenever I'm not fighting/tradeskilling? Does it build up faster if I'm offline, or if I'm playing another character?
  2. ARCHIVED-Cantar1 Guest

It builds up on the character that is off-line. So , if you are playing one toon and run out of Vit. you can switch to an Alt if you have one to build up more on the first toon you had logged in. Vice versa with the second toon.
  3. ARCHIVED-Josgar Guest

Im pretty sure you actually gain some every hour on the hour. (Real hour)
  4. ARCHIVED-iNiQUitY- Guest

You must - I've run out of Vitality and decided to run back to the broker. I get to the broker and miraculously I had some vitality again.

I am not sure if it's every hour on the hour, but that would make sense.
  5. ARCHIVED-Calthine Guest

You get approximately .5% every hour, on the hour, offline or on. The original dev post on this (lost to the old forums) said it would take a week to go from 0% to 100%. You can't have more than 100%
  6. ARCHIVED-Dannan Guest

As has been stated you get .5% per hour on or off, at around 45 the vitality 'Pool' gets scaled up so it lasts longer. While it lasts you get a 50% exp increase.
  7. ARCHIVED-Sawtooth Guest

Thanks for the info. Does this bonus apply only to experience from tradeskill and combat, or does it increase the experience gained for quests also?
  8. ARCHIVED-Lortet Guest

only affects the adventure (killing things) xp - quests, discoveries etc not affected. Same for tradeskill vitality with the obvious differences.
    btw - If you turn off adventure xp, your vitality is not taken off as you kill things as you are not getting xp. Handing in quests or making location discoveries gives xp, but does not affect the vitality.
  9. ARCHIVED-Dannan Guest

the vitality between adventureing and tradeskilling are separate, you run one down while adventuring the other goes down while tradeskiling