How does the DoV stat change affect Brawlers ?

Discussion in 'Monk' started by ARCHIVED-BetaTester, Feb 17, 2011.

1. ARCHIVED-BetaTester Guest

is Str or Agi our primary now , and how does that affect avoidance ?

does everybody have the same avoid now ?
  2. ARCHIVED-Silzin Guest

STR is our stat, we are a fighter after all. for avoidance, we will be loosing some contested avoidance (and in some cases its a lot) but its only contested avoidance and hasnt mattered for a long time.
  3. ARCHIVED-Rasttan Guest

Hopefully they stick block chance back on our weapons, I saw none on any weapons in Beta considering thats our number 1 source for block chance, upgrading weapons might mean using SF weapons for tanking and Vel ones for dps.
    Maybe since itemizations was all over the place every patch they will eventually get some block on Vel weapons
  4. ARCHIVED-BChizzle Guest

Like always our gear will suck and we will play last fiddle to everyone else. It sucks because Xelgad is really in touch with making brawlers effective now if only the guys making the items can get their act together we'd have a really great class.
  5. ARCHIVED-Bruener Guest

BChizzle wrote:
    Brawlers aren't effective?
    Thats some news.
  6. ARCHIVED-BChizzle Guest

Bruener wrote:
    Hey troll where did I say that brawlers weren't effective? Go back to crying about how your SK is underpowered in the whine and cry forum and leave the monk threads alone.
  7. ARCHIVED-Silzin Guest

Brawlers can be very effective, if at lease 2 things are met first. 1. The Gear is there to support the brawler. 2. The Player is very skilled in playing there class. With out both brawlers are very hard to play... at lease hard to tank with.
  8. ARCHIVED-Bruener Guest

BChizzle wrote:
    I am pretty sure that saying you will play last fiddle to everyone else, and than complaining about itemization not being on board to make Brawlers effective...says exactly that.
    You can take itemization completely out of the equation since it is exactly the same in DoV for all Fighters.
    The fact is Brawlers are probably going to take the xpac and run with it. I mean its all ST, HP pools are extremely large having people worry less about spike damage, Brawler ST hate is just as good as everybody elses, and guess what its a ST xpac.
    To the posts question, the changes nerf AE tanks a lot, and the xpac is mostly ST and Brawlers will shine.
  9. ARCHIVED-BChizzle Guest

Bruener wrote:
    First off itemization isn't equal, I won't have access to the same weapons as you or even remotely the same amount of weapons as you, I won't be able to take advantage of procs that proc when you are hit as much as you. It goes on and on.

You clearly don't have a clue what you are talking about follow my advice and head to the cry baby SK forum and cry there about how the most OP tank the SK is going to suck.