How does flurry work

Discussion in 'General Gameplay Discussion' started by ARCHIVED-eqaddictedfool, Mar 17, 2010.

1. ARCHIVED-Harowen Guest

Notsovilepriest@Nagafen wrote:
    You do understand how weapon delays work right? An assassin dual wielding 4.0 delay weapons with 200 haste is quad attacking every 2.67 seconds. Ranger 9.0 bow at 200 haste is 4.0 seconds.
    Based on the numbers you're stating right there, and we'll go out on a limb and assume 100% double attack (even though for rangers it takes something like 150% to actually get the 100%), you get in one minute's time:
    Ranger (giving them a little extra damage since you included a + sign)
    15 * 35k *2 = 1.05 mil
    Assassin
    22 * 15k * 4 = 1.32 mil
    So the ranger's already losing to the assassin, based on numbers you posted, and the assassin hasn't flurried yet.
  2. ARCHIVED-ErikGunner Guest

After seeing the math I was definately being dumb and just thinking that the huge number of ranger auto attack would OP it, So I'm sorry, Stupid making a comment like that without checking the math first, but I really do wish such huge chunks of DPS actually required hitting more than 1 button, but that is just me.
  3. ARCHIVED-Magnethjelmen2 Guest

Notsovilepriest@Nagafen wrote:
    Nps, now you know ;)
  4. ARCHIVED-Benk Guest

Ah, I see it has been explained. Hopefully more people will now begin to see the discrepancy in melee and ranged autoattack that excist in game.
  5. ARCHIVED-Silverzx Guest

assassins have to deal with aoes, rangers fire safely from distance.
    longer delay weapons > short delay weapons especially for classes with longer casting CA's
    its right that assassin should do more dmg with auto if they have to go in close and take more risk
    if rangers had flurry chance, the auto parse would blow assassin's away assuming both full hasted and dps buffed
    rangers already pwn hard enough in bg, they don't need flurry chance
    rangers would basically be double attack flurrying with a two handed weapon while assassins double attack flurries are with a 1h weapon, unless they now give the offhand a chance to double attack and flurry as well, it wouldn't be very fair
  6. ARCHIVED-Benk Guest

Silverzx wrote:
    I am sorry, do you even raid? I don't want to turn this into a ranger thread, but when people start posting based upon personal assumption somewhere a little kitten dies. Your first statement obviously shows you have no clue of what a ranger does in a raid.
    Rangers don't stay at ranged! If they do, they don't play the class to its full potential. Our CA's require us to be in range, our ranged CA's have long reuse timers. So again if we would stay out, we'd suck. Your whole risk argument is mute, unless you mean that since Rangers are in there with the rest of the melee our CA's should be improved and our reuse timers lowered. in that case, thank you for supporting our case.
    Have you read the post by Harowen comparing melee/ranged auto? How would adding flurry blow the assassin away exactly?
    I am sorry you got pwnd by a ranger in the BG but don't take it out on the class if you haven't perfected your own play style. Your last comment, again where do you get that from? Have you done the math?
  7. ARCHIVED-Seiffil Guest

Silverzx wrote:
    You obviously don't play a ranger. IF a ranger fights from range they aren't able to use their melee CA's, most of which have a max range of 5m. Basically a ranger is gimping it's dps if it isn't close enough to use it's melee CA's.
    You don't balance this game based on Battlegrounds. The resist change that they're making should not have any effect on PVE as it's a PVP resist change. Also, rangers technically are supposed to beat assassins in the auto attack parse, that's why our CA damage compared to an assassin is lower. As it is brigands swashbucklers and assassins can already beat rangers on the auto attack parse, and assassins can definitely beat rangers when you compare CA damage.
  8. ARCHIVED-Silverzx Guest

ok then what about flurrying with a 2h vs flurry with a 1h? cuz 5 auto attack strikes with a 1h 4sec weapon just isn't the same as 5 auto attacks of a 2h 9 sec delay weapon
  9. ARCHIVED-Benk Guest

Silverzx wrote:
    You are right, it is not the same. Without haste it is 20 seconds vs. 45 seconds. Apples & pears.
    For the sake of argument, let's say a flurry is 4 extra attacks. Now let's use Harowen's numbers. (35k auto for a ranger is on the high side btw, average in a raid is around 25k imo). Multiple the numbers put up by 4.
    2h/bow
    15 * 35.000 * 2 = 1.050.000 * 4 = 4.200.000
    1h/dual wield
    22 * 15.000 * 4 = 1.320.000 * 4 = 5.280.000