How does a wizard work?

Discussion in 'Mages' started by CRAZYEQ2GUY, Nov 17, 2013.

1. Mystere Member

I think the point is that you are both badly mistaken about Solar Flare and about how to play a wizard in general, and not so much that you (also) failed to consider procs in your spreadsheet.
  2. Rubick Well-Known Member

The only two pet spells we get are Protoflame and Furnace and they are some of the more efficient spells we have now assumin they live the full duration.
  3. Rubick Well-Known Member

If you would learn to read you would notice I didn't fail to consider anything. I left stuff like that out on purpose for the sake of simplicity. I will lay it out real simple for you though. Post parses our shut up, because everybody gets an iq point dumber anytime they have to read the ignorant garbage you post.
  4. Mystere Member

Wow, even after you have essentially been told off by two different people who obviously know more about playing a wizard than you do, you can still front like you DIDN'T actually just get your face pushed in. That is some amazingly thick skin, I have to admit.

Based on your previous posts, you obviously have a fetish attachment to your spreadsheet and have indicated multiple times that such a spreadsheet is the Bible of DPS, which you now obviously and humiliatingly realize it is not. You also realize now that all the bluster you have spewed so far into this thread is utterly invalid and ludicrously newbtastic. You don't have to admit this to anyone. Such an admission is not required for everyone following this thread to see that you have failed completely, your scrub view of wizardry painfully exposed and detailed. Have a nice day. :)
  5. Daray Well-Known Member

It goes back to some of the things I touched on in my first post, regarding timing. If you are casting everything as soon as it comes up (prioritized against your spreadsheet), then you are never truly maximizing the class potential. Scripts vary as time passes (dispels, swarm adds, other elements), you and your allies have their own temp ability/item rotations to time against. You also have to micro-manage your own cooldowns, particularly for inclusions within FB. All these variables will mean you are sometimes holding off on the use of certain abilities, but wait too long and you start wasting potential.

All these things can create some gapping for lower priority abilities, and you always need to be thinking several steps ahead. Also remember that not every encounter is always up the mob's backside type fight (i.e. sub-15) -- curse that raptor named in the ToV x4, and that can cut back on the number of usable abilities. I didn't say Solar Flare was something to consider with any regularity, but situations can arise (rarely) where it does get thrown out.

I am one of those people that run around with 10 hotars of stuff I use, and Solar Flare does sit in one of the available 120 slots.
    Arielle Nightshade likes this.
  6. Rubick Well-Known Member

Having your own fantasy world to live in must be nice. Funny enough I still don't see you posting parses. Or, I tell you what, just give me the name of your wizard so I can look it up and have a good laugh.
  7. Rubick Well-Known Member

It must just be a slight variance in play style because I also consider the windows you're talking about as far as timing goes but never did a situation arise for me where I would cast Solar Flare and I haven't had a time where I wished it was on my hotbars.
  8. Mystere Member

Sorry, but based on your posts I have absolutely no need to even glance at your parses, much less give them a detailed critique or even compare mine to them; I would consider this an insult. You just keep casting hi to lo, friend. Slow and steady does it. ROFLMAO
  9. Rubick Well-Known Member

Post parses or your wizard's name. Also, your baseless accusations about my capabilities coupled with the fact that you cast Solar Flare during Fiery Blast do nothing but cement your ignorance.
  10. Plinc Active Member

with (usefull) AA point choices now exceeding the amount of points we have available there might be a spec or situation that warrants accidently hitting that button, you almost forgot is there (i.e. Solar Flare)
    like PoM / VC running and you have 1s till the next good spell is up and you don't want to waste an additional second for Storm of Lightning on that single target..
    usually though this means you have had your rotation run to long (i.e. **** ain't dying fast enough)
    it is THE WORST spell in our spellbook and anyone making a fuss about it is no better. end of discussion.
    Le Clown likes this.
  11. Ucala Well-Known Member

not really, I know daray and he knows me, I was even in his guild for a short time.
    he knows as well as anyone and stated it himself that 99% of the time solar flare is useless and really has no point.
    he only really claimed that it is on his hotbars. I mean I have buttons on my chanters hotbars that I haven't casted in forever either. it's just there cause it's always been there
    Kraeref likes this.
  12. Mystere Member

Nobody including me said that Solar Flare was an awesome spell. I've already said I only cast it a few times a night. It IS useless "99%" of the time, but there is that 1% where it's not so useless, and that's the point. Some people never bother to think of how and when any given spell they have can be used to their advantage, even the crappiest ones.
  13. Ucala Well-Known Member

now maybe it's a mis use of your own words, but "atleast a few times a night" is way more than 1% imo
  14. Mystere Member

YOU came up with this totally random "99%" number which nobody else has backed up, which is why I quoted it. By going with this quoted figure I mean to imply "rarely cast" (which is what I thought you meant as well), not that it is claimed to be useful exactly "1.0000%" of the time. You are now splitting hairs uselessly.
  15. Ucala Well-Known Member

it's funny cause you are the one splitting hairs...but ok
  16. Arielle Nightshade Well-Known Member

I've never successfully played a Wizard, but as a healer, I've always admired the playstyle that Ice Novas on the pull.
    Wanic likes this.
  17. Wanic Active Member

So are we solar flaring this dead horse of a thread?
    Because i heard its effective.
  18. Rubick Well-Known Member

It's just funny that you somehow think you're superior because you cast a trash can spell that other people don't have to use because they manage their other cooldowns well enough to avoid it and cast things that do more dps instead. Then, when I decided to stop being on the offensive in the discussion you somehow took that as a sign of weakness when it was really just me unable to withstand listening to any more of your blatant stupidity. If you weren't just some loud mouthed scrub that likes to ambiguously word things in a sensationalistic manner to make it sound over-complicated because you want to feel like you're some all powerful and omnipotent wizard when you are anything but, then you would post some parses to back up your loud mouth. Try to dodge it by attempting to insult my skill level again, it's not fooling anybody.
  19. Avahlynn Well-Known Member

I like this thread. It's my new guilty pleasure.
  20. SacDaddy420 Active Member

is this seriously multiple pages of bickering about solar flare?

I cast it nonstop.

good times.