How does a person get Ergott, Cerulean Terror?

Discussion in 'Tips, Tricks, FAQs, and New Player Discussion' started by Semperfifofum, Mar 12, 2020.

1. Avithax Well-Known Member

If you did a TL:DR on this post I highly recommend reading the whole thing. Well said and shares the sentiment of many long time veterans!
    Jaeded, Cyrrena, Adene and 3 others like this.
  2. Avithax Well-Known Member

There's a small contingent of players who spend massive amounts of money in the cash shop (I'm not one of them) and until Dog Poo Gaming crosses the line and burns them out they will continue to do so. These players decide the direction of the game based on their buying habits.

An interesting question that begs to be asked though, Is there anything you can think of that could possibly be broken about this expansion that isn't already broken? I personally like the fact that they only update every 2 weeks now because thats less opportunity for actual working content to be broken by fixes.
  3. Semperfifofum Well-Known Member

I'm actually worried. Because items that can be turned from cash into plat can be turned back in to cash and I don't like things like that. I'm wondering if the "investors" are not the kind who care about the game at all. Without throwing accusations around, I think it's important that the people who spend money on EQ2 are those who are playing and enjoying the game. If not enough are doing that to keep it going then it deserves to end. I don't want the sovlency of the game to be dependent on people who aren't playing.

The mention of "investors" really got me suspicious.
    Cyrrena and Rhodris like this.
  4. Benito Ancient EQ2 Player: Lavastorm Server 2004.

Umm.

Standard Edition includes something even better than a painting: 110 Heroic Character Boost.
  5. Mercychalice Well-Known Member

I don't need anymore characters. I already have 30. i'd rather have the house painting as something to look at when I go to my houses. but, previously, before Daybreak, we would have gotten one boost, and one painting.:confused:
    Cyrrena, Adene, Gillymann and 2 others like this.
  6. That guy. Well-Known Member

More and more anti-lootcrate sentiment throughout gaming, to the point where governments are actively exploring adding them to anti-gambling laws ( as they should be ) and even EA took a step back, and DBG triples down.
  7. Semperfifofum Well-Known Member

I have to agree that when even EA steps back, it's a crisis. Why can't any loot crate be heirloom and anything from it be heirloom and thus stop the circulation of money from it? The loot crates can do what they were meant to do, buff your characters, and have no other shady purpose. I do like when a crate drops in a mission, because it helps make the loot system less evil, and I think it's pretty evil in EQ2. But do we need to have tradeable crates in the cash shop? That's taking it too far imo. I'd buy them without the ability to trade them. I was happy with the Krono system.
    Soara2 and That guy. like this.
  8. Benito Ancient EQ2 Player: Lavastorm Server 2004.

Major update on Discord!!!

Kander says that he will implement ways to earn crates in game and through monthly All Access claim! Rejoice!
    Breanna and Soara2 like this.
  9. Seth Well-Known Member

Cash cash cash dosh dosh dosh. Mungies will get you want you want young padowan
  10. Bludd Well-Known Member

my favourite is: horse-choking wedges of wonga
    lol
  11. Seth Well-Known Member

12. Raff Well-Known Member

I spend what I spend. I could care less about what you spend...other than marveling at your idiocy for spending "that" much.

But if I win the lotto?....all bets are off and every single one of my multiple alts will out parse all of you ;)

And I won't feel a bit of remorse about it.
    Jaeded and Breanna like this.
  13. Zero New Member

Hope this doesn't get nerfed now that I bring it up, I just noticed Arabella is the npc in qeynos/freeport that sells \aITEM 141266186 211930989 0 0 0:[Grant Overseer Quest: Heritage Hunt [Weekly]]\/a, a 7 day 1 charge Overseer quest that awards 2 \aITEM -590045715 643098115 0 0 0:[Singing Steel Heritage Crate]\/a. Nice to put all your alts to this 7 day quest. Rack up 100-200 \aITEM -1082252468 -414720701 0 0 0:[Jadeite Medallion]\/a a week, 400-800 a month. In 10-20 months you can buy \aITEM 512022544 -1410345652:Ergrott, Cerulean Terror\/a (15k potency base, 20k? when the signature Blood of Luclin Shattered Dawn achievement is completed.)
  14. Raff Well-Known Member

Bad ol' game "making" fools part with their hard earned money for an rng mount? Really?

Sign of the times I guess. Because being responsible for your own behavior is so passe'.
  15. Bludd Well-Known Member

only one heritage hunt quest per account
  16. Twofeets Active Member

Ok, so Im late to the conversation, but do all the crates have a chance to drop Ergott, or only a specific type of crate? For example, right now they are blood ember crates on the marketplace, can they drop him?

In the green singing steel crates I only see the merc with the level 20 unlock...

etc...
  17. Argosunited Well-Known Member

The current crate has a chance of the familiar buff. The only way you can get Ergott now is to collect the crate coins (I can't think what they're called) from buying them from the Marketplace, or doing the once a day crate quest on Overseers. Then you can buy the mount from Arabella.
    It takes around 7500? to buy the mount or Micrus (the merc)
    Breanna likes this.