How do you put a decoration on a weapon?

Discussion in 'Tradeskill Discussion' started by ARCHIVED-GrunEQ, Jun 29, 2012.

1. ARCHIVED-GrunEQ Guest

I recieve a loot drop of a decoration you can put on a weapon. It item says take it to a reforging expert. I took them the the reforger in NQ but nothing I did gave me any info or any way to use the new decor item or my weapon; it just had items you could buy or reforing certain items in your inventory for different stats. So my question is: How do you put a decoration on items?
  2. ARCHIVED-Mermut Guest

Reforge the item.. you'll have an option to add the appearance bit. Only items that are legendary + can be reforged though.
  3. ARCHIVED-Veltherel Guest

You also have to have the Age of Discovery expansion.
  4. ARCHIVED-GrunEQ Guest

Ok, I'm guessing one problem is that the weapon is Mastercrafter and that won't work? That wouldn't explain why the actual decoration didn't show up either or maybe it does?
  5. ARCHIVED-Mermut Guest

When you talk to the reforger, items that can be reforged appear in a window. When you choose a weapon, it will have an option to add a decoration to it.
  6. ARCHIVED-Grumble69 Guest

And as a sidenote--if you ever unforge your stats to adjust them around, it removes your decoration. I lost my major essence of fire that way. *facepalm*
  7. ARCHIVED-Rainy Guest

I wish they would let you add decorations to SC weapons. the Emerald Lichslayer is the closest thing to Nature's Defender in game...and I would love to add a fire decoration (the proc on ND in eq1 was fire based) but they don't let you reforge SC stuff :(