How do you max infuse items

Discussion in 'Items and Equipment' started by CSP84, Feb 14, 2017.

1. CSP84 Well-Known Member

Hello,
    i have seen player who infused their gear by up to 80/100% CB/Pot and my question is how do you do this.
    When i infuse items their is a threshold of 40-50% CB/Pot that i can't cross ( This includes even with max plat infuse).
    Can someone elaborate in more detail how to get those numbers ?
  2. captainbeatty451 Well-Known Member

Some items infuse higher than others. The mythical, for example, I sat there for what felt like years draining all of my plat into it, whereas some other items stop getting a plat infusion fairly quickly.
  3. Conifur Well-Known Member

If I am not mistaken there are 3 "types" of infusers you can use, each allows up to 1/3 increase in that stat (for a total of 99%). You have the Deity you use plat to infuse, there are the looted (you know from your raid crates instead of real gear)/player made, and the bonus you get from like buying the Premium Addition or something. When you use all three you can get each up to the max of 100% I think.
  4. DoomDrake Well-Known Member

You are not mistaken but ... there is a catch
    Each type of infuser have cap for how much you can infuse with it... and only plat do not have limit well I mean do not have hidden cap. With plat you can straight boost +33% to CB/Pot/AMOD/Sta
    I do not think I seen any (even epic) infusers that can push your Pot over mark 22.5 (which is 6-10% of current value on gear). Now think about mythical rings/bracers 1.3K Pot, NO AMOD, fairly low CB and decent Sta ... guess what happens then you start plat infuse this? :) ... to save your time.. You might get something closer to 2K Pot item with extra 800Sta.
    Now what about 7 resolve 1049 Pot charm? - heh here you will get like 1.3k Pot but a lot cheaper
  5. Twisty Well-Known Member

this is partially true, ie false. the plat caps aren't hidden - they're listed in the tooltip over the 'default' infuser (the green gem background that you can drop crafted/dropped infusers into). the values went up this xpac from last xpac and are currently 30cb/pot, think 10k mod and forget sta.

in case it's not clear, the caps above are 'overruled' by the 33% rule if that works out to be lower.

also if not clear, it's possible to break out of these caps slightly via a lucky fail-streak that takes you past the cap
  6. Observing Active Member

So there are 3 layers: Deity, Physical and Bonus.
    This is the first I heard about an item-specific internal 33% limit. Does this apply to each layer or the total infusion? And to each stat that can be infused?

Epic Skyfire infusers affect the physical layer and cap at 22.5 for pot and cb.
    So if an an item has base 20 CB, what is it's physical cap (approx since failures can lead to values exceeding the cap)? And the same for a base 50 CB and 100 CB item?

The deity layer random infuser limits state the maximum deity infusion for pot is 30, cb is 30, sta is 1000, and ability mod is 10000. What happens if you hit one of these caps before the others? Can you continue infusing and just not get that stat anymore or are you stuck with whatever random stat hits the cap first?
  7. Beee Well-Known Member

Here is a great infusing guide: http://konofo.com/eq2beta/infusion.html

Max infusing over cap can be reached by:
    * using 25% infusers (PhysicalLayer)
    * using 2xPremium infusers from the Premium Edition (BonusLayer)

The Deity boost for all items needs about 1.3 kkk platin and stops random when the first cap is reached
  8. Twisty Well-Known Member

33% max rule applies per layer, individually for each stat. You can start from before 33% and land over 33% on a lucky string of fails. it won't let you start after 33%.

it gets a little funky in the bonus layer because those infusers have multiple stats. i think the way it works is if at least one of the stats is below 33% and below cap of that infuser, it'll let u keep using the infuser but the stats that are already above 33%/infuser-cap won't go up. bonus infusers are non-existent for most part, so i don't really know this with 100% certainty - this is from analyzing someone's results on a piece they infused with several bonus infusers.

20/3, 50/3, 100/3... pretty straightforward

Deity infusing works as you described. If one of the stats goes over 33% or deity-caps, it's simply no longer selected and subsequent infusing attempts go into other stats.
    Observing likes this.
  9. Twisty Well-Known Member

false