how do you do experimentation succesfully?

Discussion in 'General Gameplay Discussion' started by Xavion, Jan 20, 2018.

1. Xavion Well-Known Member

What is the best setup or items etc to be very successful at hitting that max level of experimented items etc?
    Soara2 and Aran Anar like this.
  2. The_Real_Wurm Well-Known Member

A very good friend of mine taught me how to do experimentation and since then I have yet to fail while doing it.

Make sure to get and equip every item/mount/buff item you can.

Then change your crafting bars to look like this...

[IMG]
    Then do the following...

crafting det 1 appears, click the 1 and then right after the 2

crafting det 2 appears, click the 2 and then right after the 1

crafting det 3 appears, click the 3 and then right after the 4

crafting det 4 appears, click the 4 and then right after the 3

crafting det 5 appears, click the 5 and then right after the 6

crafting det 6 appears, click the 6 and then right after the 5

Do not touch the buttons otherwise!

What you are doing are first canceling the det and then right afterwards canceling the - that canceling the det caused you.

This really works, and like I said after switching to this system, I have made a lot of visionary items without failing once.
    Kurinji, Pixistik, Soara2 and 12 others like this.
  3. Tekka Well-Known Member

I was going to say - Beat your head on the keys in frustration, but Wurm's write up is much better!

;):D
  4. Evguenil62 Well-Known Member

I always listen carefully during experimentation. This is very important. About every 5 seconds a soft sound indicates that the new cycle of crafting has began. In the beginning of each cycle the game may ask you to press one of the six buttons to counteract bad effect or it may not ask you. In case it asks you, press appropriate button and then press one more button. If it does not ask you to press the button, then press two random buttons and wait for the next cycle.

The crafting requires some attention, so I normally do not do more than 5 experiments in a single session.
    Soara2, Seefar, Redlight and 2 others like this.
  5. Malahk Active Member

Logged in just to like this post, thanks Wurm. Bookmarking this for future reference too.
  6. The_Real_Wurm Well-Known Member

You're Welcome! :)
    Pixistik, Soara2 and Cyrrena like this.
  7. Sambril Well-Known Member

It helps if you can get the various buffs to experimentation - though some are no longer available

[IMG]

Beta bonuses:
    Carpet of Assured Quality: Decreases experimental critical failure chance by 5%
    Autonomous Assembler: Increases experimental success chance by 2.5%

Pre-order bonuses:
    Blessing of the Ancients: Increases experimental success chance by 1.1% (Click on Altar of the Ancients)
    Blessing of Arcanna'se: Increases experimental success chance by 1.4% (Click on Arcanna'se Effigy of Rebirth)
    Illusion: Clockwork Calamity: Increases experimental success chance by 1.4%
    (There is an additional .1% when these are added together)

Quest reward:
    Hands of the Maker: Increases experimental progress by 1.0
    Cloak of the Grandmaster: Decreases experimental critical failure chance by 5% (when activated)

Tradeskill Prestige AA:
    Far Seas: Seasoned Experimentation: Increases the amount of experimental progress gained by 5%
    Soara2, Cyrrena, Rosyposy and 2 others like this.
  8. semisus Does not play this game

wish i had that carpet and the ancient table! Thanks alot for all the tips though.
    Soara2 and Cyrrena like this.
  9. The_Real_Wurm Well-Known Member

Doing the KA TS timeline gives you Brightfire, Essence of Arcanna'se a beautiful blue phoenix mount that has the same 5% as the carpet.
  10. Lenolian Active Member

Only one trick : always counter all events. When you counter an event you get an automatic success so you should always add the 2 +progress reaction to the counter (enhance and tweak).

When there is no event, you should still use the 2 +progress reaction (enhance and tweak). It will speeds things up a lot (less time spend on experimenting less chance to fail). It will draw your power but you should usually have enough events to counter throughout the craft to refill your power bar easily (revise and edit when countered gives back a lot of power).

If you ever get low on durabilty (rare but can happens) swith to calibrate and augment counters till you get comfortable again.

You should only loose an item when you get disconnected...
  11. CoLD MeTaL Well-Known Member

Can't wait to try this. Although it still seems overly complicated for the 'smidge' you get.
  12. The_Real_Wurm Well-Known Member

It's all about the max when you're min maxing.
  13. Ucala Well-Known Member

just only press the buttons when they actually come up, not spam them like normal.
    Atleast that's how I always did it and I never failed
  14. Aran Anar Active Member

CHEER Thank you guys I always wanted step by step instructions I want to know can I experiment on Posions as a alchemist to make stronger posion and do more damage ?
    Soara2 likes this.
  15. Pengana Active Member

Does anyone have the original order of the reactions? For me the picture above shows a box containing the words picload.org this image was deleted. I would greatly appreciate the picture or a copy of it if anyone has it available.
    Thanks!
    Soara2 and ConcealFate like this.
  16. Conifur Well-Known Member

1. Put the sitting man in slot 1 (Revise) and the lightning in slot 6.
    2. Counter everything with Revise (1)
    3. Don't counter if Revise (1)
    Pixistik and Soara2 like this.
  17. Sigrdrifa EQ2 Wiki Author

18. Malahk Active Member

Quoting this also. I wish I had taken a screenshot of the order back in the day. I still have this thread bookmarked but it's worthless now without the order.
    Soara2, ConcealFate and Cyrrena like this.
  19. Seefar Well-Known Member

I have just one thing to say to those having trouble with experimentation: turn the game's sound on; this will give you aural hints as to the timing you need to follow. If you've got the sound off, you're almost guaranteed to fail.
    Pixistik, Soara2 and Cyrrena like this.
  20. Oradim Well-Known Member

Yes, yes, I know I am necroing this thread... I'm just starting my experimentation journey and I'm curious if The_Real_Wurm is perhaps still active and remembers the order of items in the no longer available image. Or perhaps someone else might.

It may be too late as I am already developing a bit of muscle memory for the default layout of the buttons.

Cheers,
    Oradim
    Soara2 likes this.