How do we effect change?

Discussion in 'Players Supporting Players' started by Jrox, Mar 29, 2017.

1. Jrox Well-Known Member

As player in a community driven game, how can we as a community help effect change in EQ2? There have been many valid discussions in these forums about things the community has found that we would like to see changed. How can we constructively contribute to things being done in the game? Are those days gone and no longer accepted by the team at DayBreak? I am asking for a constructive way to communicate issues we (the players) would like to see addressed, removed, or fixed in game.

I am looking for a way to communicate with the team that is constructive, nothing more. Wanting to bring attention back to the forums and away from discord where rumors which are spread throughout the game are plentiful and rarely true.
  2. Benito Ancient EQ2 Player: Lavastorm Server 2004.

3. Jrox Well-Known Member

I'm looking for an open forum to share constructive thoughts of many players and get good feedback from the team. A ticket would not accomplish that but thanks for the suggest.
  4. Zeddicious Well-Known Member

I've seen some drastic changes happen based on comments that were made by players on EQ2's Discord channel. Albeit, its not optimal, but at least there's a greater chance a dev will reply / respond to constructive suggestions there, versus this stale format here. And I'm on the fence about that whole Issue tracker thing too - I'm not 100 percent certain that a dev / etc actually gets to see the issues presented - or if they're filtered by someone they've delegated as an issue "moderator". How many issues are unresolved there? A lot?

Its just saddening when you see so many wonderful ideas just squandered away or falling on deaf ears.
  5. Bishka New Member

The people on the Discord channel will start trolling you for making suggestions. I suggest a proper forum for posting suggestions where you wont be trolled.
    Mizgamer62 likes this.
  6. Jrox Well-Known Member

Tons of trolling in Discord both in the channels themselves and in private conversations.
    Mizgamer62 likes this.
  7. santargria Well-Known Member

I've not paid much attention to discord but if this is true something is seriously wrong and needs to be corrected ASAP!

As to the OP - I understand the quandary with the whole "how do we" issue - IMO there are 2 ways to accomplish our goals - 1 positive and must be continued ad nausem the other not so positive...

First the positive method:

1. Continue to post in the forums our issues. Send our posts to the moderators and devs as best we can as msgs. Hopefully someone will respond.

2nd not so positive but definitely has potential to get noticed

2. The community needs to speak with their consumer strength. There are several ways to accomplish this: As a group/community we boycott marketplace purchases for a given time. If that doesn't work we boycott our monthly subs when due for renewal

In addition, posting on other game forums about the lack of attention to customers issues and how in game issues are now being handled (area nerf for example) will start to wear on the company as bad press travels much faster than good press.

For me the not positive method is a last resort and could potentially be a permanent resolution to our issues as the game just might fold due to lack of funds.

DB really needs to open their eyes because what they are doing is killing this great community!

I received a poll/survey a few weeks back from them on how things were being done by the devs etc. I told them the truth knowing most people don't really want to hear the truth...

I wonder what the outcome of that poll/survey will be.
    Meneltel, Mizgamer62, Jrox and 2 others like this.
  8. Bishka New Member

I will keep this short and to the point.

1.) Can you figure out some way to add the ability to sort, filter, and query inventory within the existing system. A good suggestion came up to me that it would be great if we could see more options to find, sort and filter inventory from within the bags. We already are able to sort filter and query items in the broker. Please make our personal inventory including Bags, Vault, Bank, Broker and Miscellaneous Containers easier to find items.

2.) Kylong Plains Public Quest Healmet. Please help me understand why I have not got the healmet yet. I have logged 114 attempts to date and yet I have not got a Mythical, Relic Helmet as the reward.

3.) Raid Zone Kunark Ascending and anything there after will always be too hard for players of the individual style of play. I do understand that you must have met requirements for these raids however, even when the requirement are met, the content will run dry and the next content will be even more impossible to complete. I have seen this with Thalumbra raids being too hard to complete for the reward that is insignificant. The problem is, once you have new content you therefore nullify the previous content due to the desired nature of the newly created items. This means that while players will need to raid to finish certain progressions, the rewards will not warrant the time that is required to find 24 players to continue with the progression. This is a problem that is only resolved by elite players and elite guilds. The normal average player will never be able to raid content past or present as long as the difficulty and reward remain the same. I am suggesting that you create a better variety of difficulty versions of the raid so that other players are able to enjoy the content. Please make Treasured, Heroic, Legendary, Fabled, and Expert raid zones moving forward. This will give the other players of your game the feeling that they will be able to continue to play the game at every stage of advancement.

4.) Lastly, Please create a better means by which the players can all make suggestions and feel like their opinion matters. I have tried Discord Chat and 3 times I have been trolled out to the point that I end up getting kicked from the chat. This is a problem because other internet trolls on a form of communication such as Discord, makes it easy for players to avoid giving valuable suggestions. Try your best to make it safe, fun and easy for players to make suggestions in an environment where they will not be punished by others for giving ideas.

My example of this idea environment is generated by LEGO for their community. You can get on board with ideas by LEGO fans the best of any system in existence. LEGO values it is idea universe overall because they understand that the customers ideas is what drives their sales.
    Bishka, Yesterday at 10:50 PM Report
    Juraiya likes this.