How do I see all buffs?

Discussion in 'General Gameplay Discussion' started by dorotea, Jun 9, 2020.

1. dorotea Well-Known Member

Th default UI has a spot in the upper left where some buffs are shown and a spot in the lower right where most are shown - but often the one I really care about isn't visible. I can remove other buffs until it appears but I would rather not. Is there a screen that shows every buff running? This feels like a stupidly obvious thing that I should know but I did a few searches and couldn't find an answer and asked in chat a few times and got no answer - so either it isn't that silly a question or maybe it is so silly no one wanted to dignify it with a reply.

Mostly what I want to see is the xp buff when one is running. One day I will click the dialogue option for a quest reward a second after the buff poofs and lose out on 2-3 levels - this is what I hope to avoid.
  2. Dude Well-Known Member

Have you tried changing the size of the buff window in F10? If removing some buffs makes the one you're looking for appear it may just be that the window is too small. Making it larger should make all of them appear.
    Breanna likes this.
  3. Geroblue Well-Known Member

What are those then on the lower right of the UI ?
  4. dorotea Well-Known Member

I tried moving and expanding it but now with F10 thanks. The lower right seems to have active spell effects but it isnt large enough (in my setting at least) to show them all,
    Dude likes this.
  5. Dude Well-Known Member

You're welcome :)
    Breanna likes this.
  6. Wulfgyr I've got friends in EQ2Wire places

If I remember correctly, the lower right are "self-only" buffs, and include stuff like the All Access bonuses, etc. That's where the exp pot buff shows up. I believe I used F10 to expand mine to three columns wide, otherwise I couldn't see everything. That was stock interface though, I'm sure DarqUI or one of the other customs has additional ways to tweak it.
    Breanna and Dude like this.
  7. Geroblue Well-Known Member

Yeah, I use DarqUI. I'll have to check on that.
  8. Lemilla Active Member

There are 3 windows that show various effects on you, regarldless of the UI you use:
    - Spell effects: lists all beneficial effects on you, limited to 45 icons
    - Maintained: lists all effects cast by you, limited to 30 icons
    - Detrimental: lists all detrimental effects on you

If you have more buffs than fit on those windows, you can hide the ones you don't need to see. To do so, enable spell filtering in your persona window and then right-click the applicable effect icons and select hide spell.

Some custom UI's have a 4th window, which will only show specific effects that are also visible on the maintained window.
    Dude likes this.
  9. Mermut Well-Known Member

No matter how big you size the window, the max buffs that will show is 30. That's something hard coded on the Darkpaw side
    Breanna and Hiza like this.