How do I run in windowed mode with native resolution?

Discussion in 'General Gameplay Discussion' started by Altho, Aug 19, 2017.

1. Altho Well-Known Member

Can't get the UI to look right in 4K, so I want to run in 1080 windowed, but my desktop native res is 4k. Everytime I switch to window mode the game goes back to 4k and the option to change res gets greyed out. Going crazy trying to get this sorted
  2. dirgenoobforreal Well-Known Member

3. Altho Well-Known Member

Nope, and I don't recommend anyone else try this, now everytime I start launchpad it asks for a disc, so now I have new problems...
  4. Crastinal Active Member

Did you try CtrlALT+Enter? (mixed up the keys, went to test in game, the correct key combination that works for me is Alt+Enter)
    I don't have a 4K monitor, so I don't know if it works as intended, hope it is what you're looking for...
  5. Altho Well-Known Member

Thats what kicks me right back into 4k res, doing it that way or going through options and unchecking the box, its super annoying. DEVS can we please have some scaling options if its not too difficult to put in? I would love to play in 4k and I bet theres others as well. We are in 2017, higher res will become the norm sooner than later. Plus the game looks so good in 4K even 1440
  6. dirgenoobforreal Well-Known Member

That has absolutely nothing to do with the program i linked. It has no way of doing anything like that. It only alters the game window and does not touch on anything else.
  7. Malleria Well-Known Member

As far as I know if you play in Windowed mode you play in the resolution Windows is set to. Playing full screen you should be able to change the resolution in Options > Display > Performance.

You could spin up a virtual PC and run EQ2 through that. In the past that set off red flags with SOE, but I don't know if it's still an issue.

Sadly old games just don't get updated for newer technologies. Though I don't know why you'd spend the money on a fancy graphics card and 4k monitors to play EQ2 anyway :)
  8. The_Real_Wurm Well-Known Member

some of us *gasp* play other games as well... :p
    Tekka likes this.