How do assassins handle aggro?

Discussion in 'Assassin' started by ARCHIVED-sirmorte, Aug 9, 2012.

1. ARCHIVED-sirmorte Guest

I was thinking about trying the assassins and other scout classes. How do scouts and assassins in general handle aggro situations,which seems to occur frequently? I know that assassins in particular are great single mob kills ,but I do wonder about their ability to handle multiple mob pulls or aggro.
  2. ARCHIVED-coochic Guest

We do pretty well in a mulit-mob encounter in my opinion. Better at the end game side than up front. I'm not sure what you mean in handle aggro? but I can pretty much do what I want with a mob in groups. if I want to take aggro, such as a mob is attacking the healer and the tank can't snap it, I snap it onto me then push it back to the tank. If I never want to get aggro then I can also easily obtain that goal. And still top the parser, often by 100K or more. But you learn how to play assassin or you don't. If you want to put the work into being one then you'll have a great time, but if you just want to smash buttons, you're going to hate this class.
    Elkana,
    Freeport Assassin, and proud of it.
  3. ARCHIVED-sirmorte Guest

Thanks for the response,but I was thinking about soloing. Many times mobs are "linked" together. Thus, if you kill or pull one mob you get between 2-4 coming after you. How do assassins deal with this? Do they invis and kill each individually? Do they mez the adds? Do they just fight it out with good dps? Do they run? What happens?
  4. ARCHIVED-Davngr1 Guest

sirmorte wrote:
    assassins are terrible solo. i had to actually level mine back in the kos days before mercs and when i only had one account so i couldn't power level. it was painful.

it's not as bad now since most overland mobs are solo con (heroic for most part back when) and have lots of quest to stay busy and keep progressing on but you're not going to feel like a powerful character until you start grouping post 80 imo. before that the assassin class is pretty bland, it's fatal follow up that makes it fun, for myself anyway.

if this is your first toon and you want a scout i might go swash or brig to make solo easier on you or maybe even beastlord. if you're not stuck on scout then maybe a brawler or sk they're solo well or even a summoner.
  5. ARCHIVED-Pattywak Guest

sirmorte wrote:
    If mobs are linked, then they are all part of the same encounter and you can't kill them individually without agroing the others. For an assassin, you just kill fast. Honestly should go get the SK merc from Neriak and let them pull and tank and just do what an assassin does and get behind them and kill quickly.