How difficult is this server?

Discussion in 'Lore and Legend Discussion' started by Benj, Mar 19, 2022.

1. Benj Well-Known Member

For background, I'm intrigued by the idea that all zones/dungeons/raids are of "relevant" difficulty due to the auto-mentor system. I enjoy running older dungeons on the live servers, to finish up old quests, earn missing achievements, or just experience a zone that I missed the first time around. But I often find the older content too easy. For most dungeons level 100 and under, I can chrono-mentor to whatever the level cap was back then and solo entire raid zones, despite those mobs conning orange Epic x4.

In the players' experience, how difficult is older content? Would I be able to solo old heroic dungeons without one-shotting everything? Do old raids require a full raid force, or can they be done with a single group, or even solo? Could I experience all the game has to offer with just a mercenary by my side?
  2. Playz4fun Active Member

It really depends on what you like to do.

If you are a questaholic, shiny finder and achievement warrior, it is fun (at least for me). The auto mentor is nice, but frankly, having played live for so long, I find myself forgetting I can't just one-shot everything, lol. I have died some in the dungeons, and even overland by being a bit careless, mainly for just not really "expecting" it to be a challenge. Believe me, Heroic means Heroic on this server. :D

The armor "levels" had me a bit confused, but the community has been great in explaining how that works, and I am getting more comfortable with that. Crafting is still crafting and I always enjoy doing that as well.

I don't raid on Live, and don't really expect to do much here either, although I will also try to be helpful when I can. Remember, for raids, you WILL be mentored to level and I am pretty sure you won't be soloing/mercing them without a raid. I will have to let those who know better comment further.

Lot's of nice folks helping each other out. Be warned. You can use your loyalty tokens to buy bags 'o plat,, so while some things are priced ok on the broker, the economy reflects that readily available coin.

I would suggest you give it a try.
    Pharliquin likes this.