How can it be that EQ2 have had TLE servers since 2015

Discussion in 'General TLE Discussion' started by dirgenoobforreal, Oct 29, 2019.

1. dirgenoobforreal Well-Known Member

And now, almost 5 years later its worse than ever? I legit don't understand how you can take 5 years of experience with TLE servers and continuously make it worse and worse.
    Mizgamer62 likes this.
  2. Mountbatten Well-Known Member

It's probably because every time they start a new TLE they basically throw everything out from the previous ones and start over. At least that's how it seems. I imagine also the dev team is pretty much stretched to its limits, and TLE servers are more of a side-project than a primary business focus. Sad.
  3. Siren Well-Known Member

I think they are building some sort of template to base everything off of, that they didn't have in times past. It was mentioned during the New Nagafen beta this past March I think. That's when all the gear revamps (and limiting stat changes on gear to every 10 levels) started.
  4. Kittik Well-Known Member

What does TLE stand for? Is this the same thing as a TLP? Time Locked Progression. Where they release expansion packs at the same rate as original release.

Also, if it is, I'm sorry I missed it. I would have enjoyed joining that server, but as the OP of this thread said, it's bad now?
  5. Zenji Well-Known Member

Time Locked Expansions - same idea as TLP, just different name for EQ2

They do not release at the same rate as original. Each TLE server so far has had different rules for expansion unlocks, this one is every 4 months, with "midcontent" (Splitpaw, Fallen Dynasty, etc,) patches at 2 months.

Kaladim, the current TLE server, just launched Kingdom of Sky, the 2 expansion for EQ2 yesterday. If you want to relive the nostalgia, and just have fun. It will do the trick. Many people like the OP are just tainted, since this is the 3rd / 4th TLE and we still have many of the same problems carrying over from each TLE server. It is frustrating.
  6. Kittik Well-Known Member

Kaladim just launched yesterday? Nice! Can't wait to get home now...
  7. Rhodris EQ2Wire Ninja

No, Kaladim was launched some months ago - the expansion Kingdom of Sky has just been released on the server.
    Mizgamer62 likes this.
  8. Schmetterling Well-Known Member

Kaladim launched about 8 months ago .
    Now the level cap is level 70 and don't expect old EQ2 this is only as close as they could get to things when EQ2 was new
    some things can never be brought back , you would have to recreate the game the way it was and do close to as much programming as a new game would take ,
    besides the empty zones . To much has been changed through the years . But we just got a new player in our guild hes level 5 or 6 now , so come on in and join us .
    Breanna and Dude like this.
  9. Somedude Active Member

In my experience it takes consistent practice to be this bad ;)
    Mizgamer62 likes this.
  10. Zenji Well-Known Member

I understand that very limited resources play a large part of it, but some of it is do to either ignorance or just not caring. The ignorance part is becoming less and less likely. Do to the fact that so many of the glaring issues have had well thought out feedback of how to fix/improve provided on more than one occasion.
    Mizgamer62 likes this.
  11. Evguenil62 Well-Known Member

I am playing on two servers. On a Live server and on Kaladim. Both work fine for me.
    Kaladim is great to replay "old and almost forgotten by me zones" and get some nice rewards that my Level 110 Paladin can use on a Live server.
    Breanna likes this.
  12. MightyMeaghan Well-Known Member

I feel like back when they first decided to do a TLE server they felt like it was going to be a "set it and forget it" type of situation, not taking into account how many crappy design decisions had piled up and completely changed the game since the classic content was relevant. The entire stat system was changed and class progression was almost completely rewritten. No script was going to make that work.
    Mizgamer62 and Bekkr like this.
  13. Bekkr Well-Known Member

And yet, here we all are.
    :(
  14. Zenji Well-Known Member

Indeed, I sometimes wonder why. It has similarities to those who stay in abusive relationships. They know it is bad for them and they should get out, but yet they still remain.
    Bekkr and Mizgamer62 like this.