How can I permanently resize harvest depot window?

Discussion in 'Tips, Tricks, FAQs, and New Player Discussion' started by Hexalobular, Apr 24, 2017.

1. Hexalobular Well-Known Member

How does one permanently resize the harvest depot window?
    I know it can be done because two of my characters have managed to do so but for all the rest it resets to the default size the next time I play even though I put a check in the Locked box in the Window Settings and then click on OK.
  2. Melt Actually plays the game

Have you tried F10?
  3. Hexalobular Well-Known Member

How would I use F10?
    I've seen it suggested as a way to resize windows even though they are locked but I have never had any trouble resizing them, my problem is that I can't make the new size "stick", they revert to the default size and the Locked check mark disappears. Not imeadiately, but no later than the next time I start EQ2.
  4. Evilnok Active Member

F10 is hide to UI for screenshots...not to resize windows
  5. Dude Well-Known Member

F10 twice is to hide UI. F10 once brings up the master screen for the UI to change sizes and locations of UI related windows. I don't think it would bring up a depot window for resizing, but it's worth a shot. Maybe open the depot and then hit F10?
  6. Hexalobular Well-Known Member

Yes, opening the depot and pressing F-10 lets me resize the depot window if it is locked but that's not my problem.
    Resizing the windows is easy.

But WHY does it automatically revert to the default size the next time I play? Even though I put a mark in the "Locked" box.
    The check mark is gone as well.

Except that two of my toons have succeeded in permanently setting the window to my preferred size.
    Why would it work on them but not the others?
    Shmogre likes this.
  7. Shmogre Well-Known Member

I'm curious about this too. I have two toons that will not save the setting of the depot window, even when I /load_uisettings from a toon that has it saved in a different location. Unlocking/locking, F10, nothing makes that darned thing stay where I put it. :mad:
    Prissetta likes this.
  8. Grumpy_Warrior It's a KILT, dang it!

This may have to do with how many of the containers you have open at once. For example, open your collectible depot first and then your ammo depot. Put them in two different places/sizes, then close both. Now open ammo and it will appear wherever the collectible one was (at least this is how it works for me.) So to fix it, try opening all of your depots at once and move all of them to whatever location and size you want. Then type /save_uisettings and relog to see if it sticks.

(Also, locking the window is actually bad, since the game won't save unless you move or resize the window, and locking prevents both.)
  9. Tkia Well-Known Member

If you have it working on 2 toons try copying from one of those to the others using the /load_uisettings command.
  10. Hexalobular Well-Known Member

Thanks for the suggestions.
    Nothing seems to have any effect.
    Time to give up and just drag down the bottom of the window when I open it.
    Shmogre likes this.