How can I enable map coordinates for EQ 2?

Discussion in 'General Gameplay Discussion' started by ARCHIVED-Thilus, Feb 18, 2010.

1. ARCHIVED-Thilus Guest

Is there an added download program that I can download into EQ2 to show on the EQ map co-ordinates? I know with WoW you can download and install a tom tom map corordinates add on.Is there one for EQ2?
  2. ARCHIVED-woolf2k Guest

don't know if it works with the streaming client version of the game though. last time i checked it did not.

it wont give you a point and click for coords though except for POI. but you can use the /loc , I think that's it. gives you the coords for the spot you're at.
    if you got coords from someone you can locate it on the map by using
    /waypoint x,z,y
    x,z,y being the coords you got. a spot will apear on the map and if you are near a gold trail to follow on your main screen.

and you know what. it's something I don't normally use cause it's fairly new. the map window does have a search ... sometimes it doesn't appear cause the window appears to narrow.

3. ARCHIVED-Thilus Guest

I opened up the EQ map, clicked add ppo and typed in -67 13 -165 and typed in Grexx treehouse for a desciption and NOTHING showed up on the map? What did I do wrong
  4. ARCHIVED-Lorzus Guest

You need to type /way x,y,z into your chat window not into the map (/waypoint works too but i'm lazy). You should then get a mark on your (with or w/o eq2maps installed). As you get closer a golden wisp will show up to guide you the rest of the way.
  5. ARCHIVED-Avadale Guest

Sanjii@Antonia Bayle wrote:
    If you are even lazier - /wa x,y,z works too :p
  6. ARCHIVED-melanie66 Guest

And for the TRULY lazy, you don't even need to put commas between the numbers!