How can I buy the new expac when your security verification doesn't work?

Discussion in 'Players Supporting Players' started by Phyg, Oct 11, 2018.

1. Phyg New Member

Can't purchase the new expac without doing the mobile phone verification. Yet when I do that it tells me "Can't update security settings, please try again later."

Now much later? Why you making it so hard to take my money? I want to pay you now. Not later. Now.
  2. Sigrdrifa EQ2 Wiki Author

I was not asked to do any mobile phone verification, but I used a credit card with a U.S. zip code. Have you tried again? When everyone is all ordering the stuff at the same time right after pre-order is announced, sometimes the problem is just heavy traffic on the interwebz.

Also, what browser are you using? If it's not Internet Explorer, try MSIE and see if that helps.
    Cyrrena likes this.
  3. Phyg New Member

I used IE, Chrome & Firefox. I did a customer support ticket, was told they'd let me know when they fix it. haven't heard anything yet from them yet. thanks
  4. Stach Well-Known Member

Yeah the millions and millions of people ordering the expansion caused the issue................/sarcasm off
    Rhodris likes this.
  5. Sigrdrifa EQ2 Wiki Author

It doesn't have to be millions to overwhelm a single eCommerce server.
    Breanna likes this.
  6. Tekka Well-Known Member

"Heavy traffic on the interwebz." is the new go to excuse for when their store doesn't work or any other number of potentially web related issues. This despite the fact (yes fact) that their sever loads have reduced drastically in the last few years (and the problem wasn't nearly as prolific in past years when the numbers were much higher)

To the OP- Some folks are able to get it to go through after a few tries, others are not ever able to get it to work. Best of luck, I hope it gets resolved for you.

Edit: Also, if I'm not mistaken the account verification is done via DBG's authentication server, not an ecommerce server.
    Rhodris likes this.
  7. Castegyre Well-Known Member

To me it seems more likely that the rumors of the company cutting back on support and resources is true than it does the system is simply being over taxed with people trying to use it. Especially given the obvious population decline.
    Rhodris likes this.
  8. Cordorb New Member

I also tend to wait a few days between ordering for different accounts.