How are Zerkers in PVP

Discussion in 'Berserker' started by ARCHIVED-Warrior Supreme, Feb 26, 2010.

1. ARCHIVED-Warrior Supreme Guest

Ok so i just hit 80, my question is with the new battlegrounds being implemented, How are Zerkers in one on one PVP, or dueling, I hear alot about SK's being the UBER fighter but how do zerkers compare to.

Im more interested in how Zerkers compare to SK's and the other fighter classes specifically and not so much the other archtypes.
  2. ARCHIVED-Thetmes Guest

I play on Naggy and we do just fine in PvP as for on BG well my zerk has been dropping people left and right np. I played for about 3-4 hours and I am just shy of one of the over all kill things not sure if its 500 or 1k either way does not matter been mowing them down.
  3. ARCHIVED-Warrior Supreme Guest

Thats good to hear, I only got 79 aa's,specs are
    1115 str
    10569hp
    49dps
    48%double attack
    58%crit
    legendary gear
    Anyway i got wiped by my cousins 82 SK with T1 armor and 175 aa, I mean i literally could not even get him yellow, it was as if i was hitting a brick wall, evertime he killed me (about 4 times) he had FULL health, and my 80 Zerker can drop lvl84 ^heroics, so i really dont understand.
    Have you had any luck against SK's specifically?
  4. ARCHIVED-Thetmes Guest

In openworld PvP on Naggy tbh it depends on the SK.

On BG's they drop like flies but most of them are from Blue servers and AA specs are diff. My Zerk is prolly a lil tougher than yours tbh. I dont have as much Str only 956 but I have 14K hp 56 DA 63 DPS (solo) 60% Crit ( I think I would have to check) 68% Mit against a lv 85 and all my resists are pretty much 8K+ self buff. It may not look like I am all that tough but I have spen allot of time on my zerk its my first toon and I have some pretty good gear and I have learned how to play him pretty good imo. I am by no means the best zerk out there but I know the class faily well so I do pretty good.
  5. ARCHIVED-Warrior Supreme Guest

I have no problem with you telling me your Zerk is tougher than mine, Im sure he is as ive only been 80 for a week now and you sound like you know what your talking about. I'm glad to hear that your doing well against sk's and the like, and relieved to know that the problem is my Zerk just needs maturing, thanks for the input
    The fool is the one who thinks he knows it all and is only interested in the sound of his own voice.
  6. ARCHIVED-Halo of G4 Guest

I have to disagree with the fact that we Zerks can kill "anything".

My Zerk has 210 AA and Tier 2 armor, Masters/Experts, and a Fabled Myth. While in BG (Smugglers) i attacked an SK who was afk. For the next 15 secs i couldn't land a single blow on him. He finally got back and instantly wiped me. Curious to see his armor, i decided to look him up on eq2 players. He has Tier 1 armor and a fable as well.

We're are a very underpowered class. So unless you're in a high powered guild with tier 4 armor, myth, and max AA, then prepare to wait for hours until you finally get a group going for your average instance/contested dungeon.
    That's why you hardly see many Zerks, and more so 50 SK's running around on most servers. We just aren't worth it.
  7. ARCHIVED-Warrior Supreme Guest

What you said sounds like an exact replay of what happened to me when i dueled my cousin's SK with t1 armor as described in my original post.
    Wow, this was my first toon, though I Ive taken rather large breaks from the game, the fact remains i created him 5 years ago and really got attached to him, though i can never duel them against each other, i could not help but notice life is alot easier for my 54 SK and contrary to all the early rumors and predictions, now they are even more OP after update with spell and melee being pooled from str , since now you no longer have to divide specs between str and intel. It's just really sad, I love my Zerker
  8. ARCHIVED-Thetmes Guest

K you have 210 aa whats your build look like are you DPS or set up for Max Mit. You have T2 gear I am guessing the shard gear then right? Are you DW or Sword and Board are you in Off stance or Def stance.

I am going to give you my 209 AA spec
    Bind Wound 1
    Str 4 10 8 2
    Stam 6 10 6 2
    Int 4 9 9 2
    SF I have 8 in the endline Str and 8 in the endline Wis and 4 in the over all end line for the tree
    93 points here

Zerk Tree
    I have Endline Perserverance Cyclones and Zerk Click I have point in every thing here at least 1 or 2 points in every thing any more than 4 points in all honesty is a waste imo but to each thier own only 70 points here

TSO
    General 5 in Health 5 in Power
    Figher 5 in Ripost and 5 in Battle Hard and the endlin abilty
    Warrior 5 in Rally 5 in Vet Shield and endline abilty
    Zerk 5 in Haste Reuse 5 in Gladiators Frenzy and both endlines here as well
    and 46 points here

I am in full fabled though so that does help but I put on my T2 gear the other day and still did just as well as I normaly would in BG agains PvE folks that is. You need to be DW in Def stance and get gear that has + Slash and + Parry on it In Def stance my Slashing skill at lv 86 is 446 Def Skill is at 508 and Parry is at 511 all self buff. Keep a shield handy though and macro it so you can equip it for shield bash and to bump your avoidance up if you start getting spiked. Also use your temps not all at once though use em just like you would in PvE though click one and when its getting ready to run out hit anouther if you are not getting spiked dont hit any save em for when you do get spiked down. Adren is your friend any time I go below 40% I hit it and it saves my bacon cause I can sit there at 30 some % for about 30 sec due to our self heals and the buff takeing a good chunck of the incoming damage.

The biggest thing you need to remember about BG's is its not PvE so going in there in O stance full DPS spec will not work. You need to be tough but able to dish out the DPS. I generaly come in in the top 10 over all out going damage in Smuglers on my zerk and I am some where in the middle for damage taken but near the top for incoming heals also but my healers are topping the parse for out going heals.
  9. ARCHIVED-Randomaxe Guest

Im in pvp armor and ditched my fabled 80 jewels for greater adorned 90 legendary stuff--90/217. One guy I can pwn--the next pwns me. While gear is a huge portion of it, the player behind the toon is what makes it lethal or not. Yay, the SK is what everyone rolls because they like to HT to the face, but I find it's easier as a zerk to grab groups because there are so many SK's out there. With adrenaline maxed on AA, the new berserk ward, and reversal of fortune, the zerker is now a very viable tank. Power is an issue though, but if you use your CA's properly and rotate your stuns/stifles/interrupts you should have no problem.
  10. ARCHIVED-Halo of G4 Guest

Kimber, i had this toon since the launch of EQ2 back in 2004.I'm highly aware of the pros and cons of the Zerker and it's AA system.
    My AA has always been the STR/STA/INT line ever since the release of KoS.
    And also, although i hardly use this forum account, i always came here for Zerk tips (the RoK guide for example).

Slashing is at 475, Def with Controlled Rage IV (Note: i didn't upgrade this for the sole purpose that the money could be best spent elsewhere. Not much of a huge gain with 78's Controlled Rage V) is at 489 with Parry at 519 all in offense mode with a shield.

To RandomAxe:
    I've been on Naga with my other toons (As said above) and I was amazed that WC, Blackburrow, Ant, Commonlands, Fallen Gate, and other zones still had people going through them still. That's enough proof that the population is big enough to support the tanks that require groups
    But for Crushbone for example (which is suppose to be one of the biggest servers): LFG 80/90 zerk DD or SF PST. Someone then gives you a tell...but by that time a message of "LFG 80/90 SK PST" comes up in worldchat and all of the sudden you get another message by the sender "Sorry, our group decided that it would be best for an SK to be tank".

Maybe it's my server. I dunno.
  11. ARCHIVED-Thetmes Guest

Halo all I can say then is you might not want to goto BG's. Or you can look at the rest of your AA as they compair to mine and while I mentioned getting gear with + Slash and + Parry on it you also need stuff with + Def on it ( I would think this is a given but who knows ) Also for PvP dont worry at all about O stance in O stance my Slash is at 524 my Def is at 450 and 476 for Parry with Controled Rage on they hop up to 484 and 510 DW if I put up a shield my Def goes up to 490 in O stance with Controled Rage so i really fail to see your point. As I said earlier in this thread for PvP you dont worry about the O stance it just gets ya killed its all about the Def stance for a Zerk in PvP and being beast but able to put out the DPS ie time your auto attacks ( again I would think this would be a no brainer but who knows ). Unless you have beast healers that know what they are doing in PvP then by all means go O stance but Def stance will keep you alive longer and 9 times out of 10 the longer you live the more likely you are to win.
  12. ARCHIVED-Bazill Guest

Ok i am sorry for this i appeared to send the same message several times and now have about 6 posts deleted. Would be great if a mod could get rid of them ;)
  13. ARCHIVED-Bazill Guest

14. ARCHIVED-Bazill Guest

yet another repeat post :(
  15. ARCHIVED-Bazill Guest

Posted the same thing several time and spammed the forum. Sorry
  16. ARCHIVED-Bazill Guest

yet another multi post. Sorry
  17. ARCHIVED-Bazill Guest

multi posts sorry
  18. ARCHIVED-Bazill Guest

Multi posts sorry
  19. ARCHIVED-Bazill Guest

crazily posted several times sorry
  20. ARCHIVED-Bazill Guest

If you wanna be a little crazy and run into a crusader 1v1 as a zerk then you will have to expect a tough if not impossable fight as a zerk. That is unless you come across one that has no clue what they are doing or have died at the keyboard. The crusaders can match warriors in gear for parry and defence but where we get temp mit and avoidance buffs they get heals. SK's have it even easier as their heals are linked to their spell's so just through dpsing they'll heal them selves. Also Crusaders can buff their shield mods which will in turn increase their avoidance that little bit more. So although it can be a fun fight againsta an SK or Pally unless they are majorly under geared and skilled the fights tend to only go 1 way.
    Zerks are great for aoe dps with their myth but not always the most practical thing to have active if there are a bunch of non agro's around your trying not to hit. Adrenaline is a very usefull tool and knowing when to pop it in pvp wil be make or break. Pop it too soon and you'll be oop before life which will result in death anyways pop it too late and you'll be past the point of no return and still die. As for stances i tend to use off stance a lot even in pvp and if i come across a mage then i go full dps and DW also. Against other fighters i tend to keep the shield on but due to the fact i like to hit them and tend to not want to spend 20mins fighting someone other than a healer i go Off stance.
    In group pvp i've had success with Def stance DW, Off stance DW Def stance + shield and Off stance + shield. Every situation is different as is the person your fighting against or the healer who's got your back. Having weapons and shields on macro's are the easiest way to adjust to situations as is the ability to switch stances quickly. Prior to the macro changes i had my shield and def stance linked so at the click of a button i would be shield on and ready to take a beating. I then had another macro that had my off hand weapon and off sance linked so i could go full dps at the click of a button. Sadly since the macro changes they seem to be broken so i need to look at them again. As for power issues i am end STA speced so i don't find power a major issue but thats through my own personal choice and i lose 2 points out of the shield block for it. I then have the phantom adorn on my off hand so that if i do go for dps on another player or even in pve i have that stealing a little power back for me.