How are people doing massive damage?

Discussion in 'General Gameplay Discussion' started by Robb, Aug 13, 2017.

1. Robb Member

I was wondering how people are able to do huge amounts of damage? I see on EQU on the leaderboard of 100 of the worldwide max melee hit 528,325,695,945 - 45,254,158,579 and max magic hit 262,278,943,176 - 66,620,236,331.
  2. Mermut Well-Known Member

Grandmastered ascension abilities + crit bonus, potency, ab mod and fervor.
  3. Mathafern Well-Known Member

And rising tide and combo surge and tome clicky. And probably a couple diety buffs.
    Robb likes this.
  4. Kari Well-Known Member

There are also certain zones that will give a crazy buff, such as the duck portal zone and some of the end solo zones of various signature quests. Everyone is buffed to an extreme level to provide a similar experience to all players when running the zone.
    Robb likes this.
  5. Altho Well-Known Member

The duck zone gives you a buff to use?
    santargria likes this.
  6. Alenna Well-Known Member

and the celestial gate orange rune
    Robb likes this.
  7. Ruckus Well-Known Member

AKA pay to win.
  8. Nero Active Member

No... no not even close. I haven't paid a penny for a single Ascension spell, and dont plan on either, yet i have at least 1 spell that is GM, 1 that is mastered, and just waiting on a raid drop, several that are experts (and 1 being researched to master).

Everything else listed up there is attainable though just playing the game.

Also, if yo uare referencing strictly melee hits, this topic will be useful.

https://forums.daybreakgames.com/eq2/index.php?threads/top-100-max-melee-hits.580109/
    Robb likes this.
  9. Pitta Active Member

All of the really high melee hits are all brawler's Devastation Fist.
    All of the really high magic hits are Ethershadow Assassin. Mine is only Expert, and i've gotten a 140b+ hit. Just have to get lucky.
    Robb likes this.
  10. Ruckus Well-Known Member

I know 2 people who play the same class in a raid force, both wearing similar level gear, similar AA builds, etc.
    Person 1 pretty much has been facerolling on this toon for years, and still can't DPS. Person 2 also has been playing the same toon for years and is putting out really good numbers for the class.

Fast forward to KA launch and Person 1 tosses a bunch of money into getting GMed, where as Person 2 did not do so. Person 1 still doesn't know how to DPS, but when ascensions are cast, boom their DPS numbers go up.

Yeah, I could have dumped tons of plat into buying upgrades for my ascensions off the broker. I could have bought a bunch of kronos to sell to get more plat and bought Station Cash to upgrade, too. Seeing that they plan on this same "spell upgrade" system for when we go from 100 to 110, I'll do the same thing that I did with ascensions - nothing that will cost me money (either from my real life wallet or in game wallet).
    Neiloch and Kielex like this.
  11. Robb Member

What is the tome clicky?
  12. Robb Member

Thanks everyone, lots of helpful information!
  13. semisus Does not play this game

tome of the ascended gives 20% dmg to ascensions , downside is the recast is 4hour and it only last 5 mins
    Robb likes this.
  14. Robb Member

Thank you Semisus!
  15. Twinbladed Well-Known Member

Exactly a system built where it doesn't matter how good of a player you are. Ridiculous.
    Neiloch likes this.
  16. Twinbladed Well-Known Member

Roll a Cong, buy all you GM Ascension spells, and get your free 30 potency points and you cant even use the gear from regular zones, not raid gear required, and smash those buttons IF your broken celestial rune every goes off and you will always win!!!...Even healers can top dps parces now
    Borracho, Neiloch and Snikkety like this.
  17. Kielex Well-Known Member

This is beyond true, People feel they have to buy grandmaster ascensions to compete. Pay to win
    Jellygiantjim and Borracho like this.
  18. Nero Active Member

My apologies, let me clarify:

My intention was not to argue weather or not ascension abilities do more damage or not, because they absolutely do, and will most of the time show up as any given person's top parsing abilities.

My argument was that by this point in the xpac (we are what 10 months in now?) there is absolutely no excuse for you to not have several of your important spells mastered/GM, especially if you are a raider. I was able to purchase or get lucky and get a drop all of the journeyman level spells. I researched most of the adepts because at the time, the option to craft them wasn't available. I did get one or 2 expert level spells, and bought 1 or 2 off the broker. I researched masters, and spent some DKP on the GM from raid.

I know that not everyone will chose to take the same path, but if you just spent a little platt and a little time running zones, you should have several spells to masters/Gm and be able to compete with the "P2W" crowd.
  19. theriatis Active Member

Well,

aren't you lucky? I ran countless (solo) zones and never got even ONE Ascension spell. No Spell, No Scrolls, no Recipes.
    Add up that i started researching my epic spells instead of ascensions (that was a mistake, i have to admit, i could craft them all now with the ressources i got now) and i still have half of my ascensions on apprentice, some of JM, one or two of Adept and 2 of Expert. No Masters and Grandmasters.

I didn't buy any of the broker (can't afford to buy them all) and i won't budge to P2W and buy them with DBC (i'm a subscriber since the Beta, damnit).
    Also, my Raidforce does not allow to buy masters/grandmasters if i don't qualify for them, means, be able to use them instantly. (makes sense, though).

I'm starting to get the Scrolls for the JMs now when running experts for the ethereals. And still... i get, maybe, one per 4 zones. If i'm really lucky, 2. So, 2 per Zone, needed 10 for one upgrade, 10 spells? So 100 scrolls needed, 2 per day, 50 days. For ONE Tier. Ok, i get a master scroll every few days, if i'm really lucky. 10 per Spell... you do the math.

This is a luck game. Even moreso with DPS. (But you don't want me to go there. Maybe in another thread.). And some people have more drop-luck than others. And i ABSOLUTELY, POSITIVELY, HATE IT, when someone, who has more drop luck than me (means, like, everyone else - i never got one of the good items while the PQs where relevant), that "it is so easy! just go out and they drop! just do them more often!". Yeah, right.

But off with me, before i get really discourteous.

Regards, theriatis.
    Cirvandal likes this.
  20. Cirvandal Active Member

It is not a luck game if the chance of getting all abilities to master in 365 days is about 0.0001% chance. These numbers are not factual but my statement is realistic.