How are enchanters?

Discussion in 'Mages' started by Vindane, Aug 16, 2016.

1. Illflow New Member

You say that like 2bil mimicry's are not the norm.
  2. BINGO New Member

This thread some people are making it like Enchanters aren't borderline T1
  3. Kraeref Well-Known Member

Say it's not enchanters as in all but rather just illusionists with their cloaks on top of mimicry and probably runes.

Coerces don't pull such numbers. If yes then post parses or it 's bs. And don't bother with 1 sec linked trash parse but few mins single target.
  4. Errrorr An Actual EQ2 Player

Illusionists with cloak can put out ridiculous numbers almost matching T1.

Coercers do alright but nothing special. Bards can generally out parse if played well, and so can a good fury/defiler on AoE fights.

It would be nicer to see mimicry lowered and more emphasis put on chanters actually pressing buttons for themselves again though.
  5. Kraeref Well-Known Member

Mimicry is already reduced in power. We don't need more of this nerf. Illusionists cloak need to get looked at. Not spells.
  6. Errrorr An Actual EQ2 Player

Mimicry does need nerfing, it's ridiculous how 1 button every 90s can be such a high % of your parse.

However, in nerfing Mimicry, other buttons need to be increased so no overall net dps loss. Just requiring more button pressing and ability from the chanter, rather than pressing 1 button when told to every 90s.
  7. Kraeref Well-Known Member

What is ridiculous is that you only one still keep asking for nerfs. Just quit it.
    Montag likes this.
  8. Flamace Active Member

So, nerf it?
  9. Kraeref Well-Known Member

Yes. It's not a spell it's an item that is ridiculously OP.
    I was talking about mimicry spell that was already nerfed and asked Errrorr to quit requesting more nerfs to mimicry. You have to read the whole conversation and not take parts of it out of context.
  10. Illura New Member

I agree with Errrorr 100%. Mimicry has zero to do with personal skill. Sure, you can get big numbers, but those numbers seem hollow when you realize 75% of the parse was from hitting one button.

Mimicry really is just a big pain to manage. If you want to maximize the benefit of it, and be a super parser, you are going to have to bug the crap out of the mimic target all the time. At a certain point it just seems selfish to mention mimic much, as most fights are on farm status and die whether or not it happens. I am pretty sure at a certain point the T1s really just get sick of anything having to do with mimic, and really I don't want to be "that guy" that makes the game not fun for others so as to make myself look better. Micromanaging people is not fun, and being micromanaged is not fun either

Chanter dps needs to be based upon skill, and right now the differences between skilled chanters and not-so-skilled chanters isn't really that wide (assuming they both can hit 1 button every 90 seconds) Personally I'd like to see it changed to a temp buff that is relevant and useful on a regular basis. I play a coercer so I would be interested in such things as hate management, mana regeneration, or increased healing for example. I'm sure similar class-defining stuff for illusionists could be brainstormed as well. At the very least, mimicry needs to take a back seat in personal dps. To replace it, as Errrorr mentioned, we probably need an increase to the dps stuff we already have.

Illura
  11. Frater New Member

In my opinion, this thread summarizes everything that is wrong with enchanters in EQ2. I remember the days of playing an enchanter in EQ1 ... and you'd NEVER find a discussion on dps. Now, here we are years later in EQ2, and the only threads I tend to find are based on enchanter dps. If I wanted to play a dps class I'd play a dps class. Where did all the fun of crowd control, utility and group support go? In EQ1 a good enchanter could take a group places they were otherwise unable to go. Here in EQ2, I try as hard as I can to not quite compare to the wizard's dps, and act as a glorified mana battery. Sadness.
  12. DoomDrake Well-Known Member

Well - how about hammer? What about stupid heart bound buff? are they fall under same category that they should not be ever in game?
    On opposite side of the stick is warlock curse of darkness - ideal method for scout DPS reduction due to horrible lag it cause :)
  13. DoomDrake Well-Known Member

Really? how about The Charm (tm)? How about time of Planes of Power then SOLO enchanter was farming bosses in BoT needed for flagging for next tier and generally speaking outperforming whole raid? Hell I do remember raids on Ralos Zek then my necro had an opportunity to pretend that he is a chanter with undead pets - my DPS were balistic
  14. Molechaus New Member

I think Mimi is fine. It is good that some classes are easy mode because some plyers are better than others ;-)

And then all can compete.
  15. Jrox Well-Known Member

It's funny to see all this banter. But here we are in a new xpack and I have already seen two raid mobs that should use chanters to crowd control. However, raid forces have adapted so well to doing it another way, because they either forgot that that's what chanty's were for, or just don't give a pluck and have moved away from using the chanters utility all together.

Stop asking to nerf Illy cloaks as in all fairness they just went out of style with the new xpack. Stop asking for Chanters to go back to EQ1 style of play that has actually existed in EQ2. It's no one's fault but your own if you don't know how to capitalize on it or even care to use your chanters in raid the right way. By nerfing any class you nerf your raid force as well, remember that.

As for mimicry on an Illy; I would say we are "Illusionist" it's kind of what we do right?
    Illusion:
    a deceptive appearance or impression
    Mimic:
    the action or art of imitating someone or something, typically in order to entertain or ridicule.

Sounds like it was meant to be to me... :)
    Kraeref likes this.