How are enchanters?

Discussion in 'Mages' started by Vindane, Aug 16, 2016.

1. Vindane New Member

I'm just coming back to the game, trying to determine what class I want to play. Been dusting off my Coercer, but I don't ever see them called for in groups. Bard is the only utility I've seen requested on the regular. (Though my 100 Troub can't get ever get a pickup group).

How is the current state of the Coercer?
  2. Kraeref Well-Known Member

I play a coercer and have no trouble to find a group. Enchanter are fine nowadays. Not uber but good.
  3. Entropy Well-Known Member

Geared Illy's (with the class cloak) who know how to use Mimicry properly are parse monsters on raids. Not T1 level, but damn good for a "utility" class.
  4. Kraeref Well-Known Member

He was asking about coercers if you had a chance to read his post not just the topic. So mentioning illusionists with a class cloak which is OP is irrelevant.
  5. vexen Member

I was a coercer once then i betrayed, now I'm a illusionist

Hope that helps make it less irrelevant than it already wasn't especially since the thread SUBJECT asked how enchanters are
  6. Ratitz Active Member

good coercers can do well.
    good illusionists are basically t1 dps
    Azian likes this.
  7. Brightlyz Active Member

8. Ratitz Active Member

I agree
  9. Robbi New Member

Are you able to provide any proof to this claim? Such as a screenshot from ACT?
    Ratitz likes this.
  10. Brightlyz Active Member

He has posted parses in another thread of an illy doin 400mill+
  11. Ratitz Active Member

Absolutely!!! Heres a good example.
    (00:42) Kreelit, Caller of Hounds: 4550709032 Hike-Fatal Followup-1,715,839,848
    Hike | 657220924 assassin
    Cloud | 625551632 illy
    Ratit | 458957767 really ****** summoner
    Inuf | 404061832
    Devor | 399365838

[IMG]

Heres a good example of a longer fight.
    (02:15) The Forge Golem: 4591989372 Firamas-Draconic Breath-4,525,658,614
    Firam | 875539761 <OP beastlord with hammer
    Ratit | 538200917 <that same ****** summoner
    Hike | 536384979 <assassin
    Inuf | 501162490 <other summoner
    Cloud | 439939841<illy

[IMG]
    Ask, and you shall receive.
    DoomDrake likes this.
  12. Easiette Member

I almost wanted to post he probably got those numbers because of mimicking an OP BL :D
  13. Kraeref Well-Known Member

He also said that that illusionist is exceptional. On average after mimicry Nerf illusionists are t2. Some coercers are too.
  14. Entropy Well-Known Member

You don't need a lot of skill to parse well on Illy. You need the class cloak and you need to be good at using mimic (which IS a nuanced player skill thing.) Aside from that, the usual "get really good gear and infuse the crap out of it" applies.

Classes with complex ability chains and/or dependencies on alternate resource mechanics (stacks, savagery, dissonance, etc) are the ones with higher skill caps.
  15. Ratitz Active Member

Essentially, if you just hit Prismatic Chaos with a cloak, and mimicry on a t1 that knows that they are doing, then you have about 60% of the dps that illusionists are capable of doing. The rest comes from other spells (kind of like swarm pets pre-nerf.) If these two things were to see a nerf, illusionist dps would drop dramatically (unlike summoner and The Great Swarm Nerf of 2016).

The difference with this illy and the general population is the other 40% of his dps.
    Thats why you don't see all the illusionists with a cloak and a mimic target putting out the same dps. Player skill is still a factor, but the portion of dps it brings to the table is decreasing as our stats get higher. (this problem is unique to chanters)
  16. Snoopy New Member

The Illusionist class cloak boosting prismatic shock to trigger its damage 10 to 15 times per second, every second of the fight is completely stupid broken and needs to have its damage reduced by 90%
    Prismatic shock should only trigger 1 times per second, not 10 to 15 times per second and is the most horrible Devs design mistake in the game right now.
    In raid, on a single target named fight our Illy gets over 150 to 175 million dps alone from the cloaks prismatic shock, most players in raid cant even do 150 miilion dps on a single target ITS STUPID and ruins the game for all other dps classes.

NO ITEM IN THE GAME SHOULD EVER BE THAT POWERFUL PERIOD and whats it doing on a utility class anyway? That damage should be divided between all the group members, just like most other utility class cloaks work.
  17. Scrappyz Well-Known Member

For starters, how many times are you going to say the same thing..

Secondly, do you even play an illy? Cuz it only adds and extra 3 triggers which is the same amount it got from TW(TW no longer affects pris chaos with cloak). It applies in "one second" because it applies to the whole group it's casted on and if said grp are hitting their CAs at the same time then poof, there goes all 9 triggers.

Third, if your dps doesn't do 150 mil dps, then they need to get better gear or figure something out.
  18. Stimps Member

Let's not be daft. We all know illusionists won't like a nerf to the cloak etc, but it's a bit OP. Our illy is consistently above the T1 with hammers. His cloak does nearly 40% of his parse.

And the T1 aren't horrible. Illies spiking at 1bil+ :)
    DoomDrake likes this.
  19. heebu Member

CRC dummy parse

Possess WIZ mimic self

[IMG]
  20. BINGO New Member

This thread..... I can't even. I wish I could post parses of our chanters having 2bil+ mimics but I don't want to get in trouble