How active is the game?

Discussion in 'General Gameplay Discussion' started by Charming, Feb 7, 2016.

1. Charming New Member

Haven't played the game in several years, since maybe six months after the release of Rise of Kunark. I really miss my Illu who at the time was max level and haven't found a game that really keeps my attention like EQ2 did. With that being said, I am just wondering how active the game servers are now and if it is worth starting up again?
  2. Vendeyn Member

Antonia bayle is kinda dead these days, except on weekends. A lot of people moved off of it.

Maj'dul is active pretty much 24/7, though slows down in middle of the night on US time. But its by far most active server. Halls of fate is 2nd most active server. Dunno about the TLE servers, though I think Skyfire I heard is most active for TLE.
  3. Eles Well-Known Member

yep, don't go to AB server unless you are uber rich. I would spend real cash to transfer to Maj'dul, very friendly, still you need to be uber rich but more people :p
  4. Adevil Well-Known Member

Skyfire is a regular live server. You are probably thinking of Stormhold.
  5. Avirodar Well-Known Member

When looking at the state of raid progression on Skyfire, one could be forgiven for thinking it was TLE server.
    Yoube and Wirewhisker like this.
  6. Raff Well-Known Member

AB is not dead. People telling you that are either trying to pug or trying to get you to come to their server. AB is a mature server and it can be tough for casual non-guilded players to find groups.

Just find yourself a guild that works for you. Plenty of guilds are recruiting. Plenty of guilds welcome new players to their ranks.
    Wirewhisker likes this.
  7. Wirewhisker Well-Known Member

This game is so active, it has washboard abs.
    Avirodar and Raff like this.
  8. Vendeyn Member

actually. On weekdays, chat is pretty non-active compared to Maj'Dul and there isn't very many guilds recruiting. Its not entirely dead, its a nice respective medium pop server, but Maj'Dul is FAR more active and tons more guilds recruiting. AB is not even #2 most popular server (Halls of Fate has that place), but it is #3. So not dead, no, but not a place to go for a ton of people and chat.

I moved to Maj'Dul and it was a night/day difference for activity. Plus, you can even see Maj'Dul on the server list goes to high population on weekends and AB stays at medium and then for a bit sometimes goes to high. Week days, Maj'Dul is far more active than AB. You can tell just by how active chat is and so many guilds recruiting.

Everyone said AB was the most active server, and while it isn't dead (compared to Maj'Dul its pretty quiet though on weekdays)...that award goes to Maj'Dul and Halls of Fate.
  9. -Soteria- Well-Known Member

Heyooooo
  10. Mizgamer62 Feldon Fan Club Member

I have checked out all the servers since the merger and to me they all feel about equally active. People are saying the chat, guild recruiting, etc is more active on Majdul, but having played there I don't see it. I have played on each server at different times of the day and they are all about the same. Most of the chat occurring on any of these servers are the trolls going at each other, people discussing non-related game activities, or people selling things in the auction channel. What you don't find in the chat channels on any of these servers are people actively grouping (sadly).
  11. Adevil Well-Known Member

I care so much about raid progression that it's never even crossed my mind to learn how to check it. Wouldn't even be able to name raid zones other than ones like Drunder in DoV or that notorious one off Sebilis that was a plat farm, The Protector's Realm.
  12. Twofeets Active Member

Since the server mergers many of the US servers are doing well. Unfortunately the same cannot be said for Splitpaw (Euro server).

EQ2 is still probably the best game of its type on the market, but because SOE and now Daybreak went with a policy of non advertisment it is suffering a long slow death. It really is a shame.
    Meneltel likes this.
  13. Meneltel Well-Known Member

QFT!
  14. Malachy Well-Known Member

Abs like Jesus, perhaps. It's starved for sure.

I'd suggest Stormhold, the time-locked server, it's the only one where you can get a pick-up group before level 95 outside of queued instances where they unsuccessfully mash levels 20-94 into a single group. Antonia Bayle and Skyfire are fairly dead. All of these servers rarely peek above 200 simultaneous players for anyone under level 95 (usually less than 80players). 95+ they each probably have 250-500ish at peak.

I imagine within a year all US servers will be merged into one or two servers or they'll just end the game.
    Mizgamer62 likes this.
  15. Meneltel Well-Known Member

I hope EQ2 will be around longer than that. I don't have much hope for EQNext (been in development He-DOUBLE TOOTHPICKS for too long). I don't want to go back to Azeroth... I hate the smell of orcs... makes my nose itch too much.
  16. Charming New Member

Thank you all very much for the replies. I am unsure of what server I would even be on. I think I had my characters on Mistmoore? Wasn't even aware of server merges but it makes sense.

It is truly a shame they let the game stay in darkness. I have my best MMO memories from EQ2; perhaps I'll just let it stay in the past and wait for something similar.
  17. Adevil Well-Known Member

Mistmoore -> Permafrost -> Skyfire

So your characters should now reside on Skyfire. If there were a naming conflict and your toons were younger than the conflicting name you may find x (or multiple x's) added to names.

Definitely use /claim to see what goodies you may have now. Read the claims carefully, too, because some items can only be claimed once, so you need to decide which character you want them on.
  18. ColbyJack Well-Known Member

The game skips leg day.
    For shame.
    Wirewhisker likes this.
  19. Berserkerkitten Well-Known Member

Just be glad you're not on the EU servers. I ran into five other characters on Splitpaw earlier. I think they were all controlled by the same user, though. Still, sure felt nice to see such a surge of life happening on there.
  20. ColbyJack Well-Known Member

I would play on Splitpaw more often if I could coerce sexy UK dudes with sexy accents into voice chat more often.
    No one wants to talk to the weird US player so it got super lonely :(
    Berserkerkitten likes this.