hover over healing? and other healer questions

Discussion in 'Priests' started by EQ_Jack, Nov 17, 2019.

1. EQ_Jack Active Member

Couple healing UI questions.

Does EQ2 support mouse hover healing?
    anyone who has played wow knows what I'm talking about. Meaning I move mouse and hover over a group/raid member in group/raid list or their body on the screen and if I cast healing spell it will land on that hovered on player.

As a mystic, when clicking self to target self. the click will cause the selected target to toggle between my pet and myself. :| Is there a way to disable that toggling behavior?

For Wards and reactives. Is there a way to distinctly bring out in the UI the count left of the ward or reactive? right now I See the buffs are in my buffs window but the text is so... so.. soo... tiny and its off to the side.
  2. Beyoncia Well-Known Member

1) No
    2) Not that I know of.
    3) Not sure about the default UI, but I see them fine on my custom UI. I alson think you can increase the size of numbers.
  3. Sigrdrifa EQ2 Wiki Author

If you are a healer, you will probably want to try DarqUI.

Darq and many other custom UIs have boxes next to each character in your group and raid window that allow you to click THAT to cure the person without changing whatever or whoever you have targeted.

Darq specifically also gives you five preset spells next to each person, you can allow Darq to automatically set these up based on your class, or you can completely customize these. Healers usually set these up with single heals and deathsaves.
    Finora and Breanna like this.
  4. Ixian Active Member

EverQuest II does support mouseover macros, I'm the one who implemented them. :p Use %v as your target in your macros. Unfortunately, there may have been some bugs that I'm not sure I had a chance to fix before the 2015 layoffs hit, in which case -- sorry to get your hopes up!

It only worked with UI elements and not hovering bodies unfortunately (which I think would've been a struggle to use in real world scenarios given that every fight has a bajillon adds and people are always stacked up).
  5. Finora Well-Known Member

Even the default UI has click to cure in the group window. It's been so long since I've been a part of a raid group, I couldn't tell you if the raid window also has click to cure.

For healing in default, you either have to click on the character in the group/raid window in need of the heal or use the macros suggested above.

If you raid a lot, a UI like Dark suggested above would be useful for the spots to the side of each name.
    EQ_Jack likes this.
  6. Sigrdrifa EQ2 Wiki Author

The default UI raid window has basic and advanced versions, you need the advanced to see the click-to-cures. I can't remember how the group window does it, it's been too long ;)
    EQ_Jack and Breanna like this.
  7. Finora Well-Known Member

Default group window, you just click on the detriment icon on the person in your group window & it casts the single target cure or uses a potion if you haven't got cures.
    EQ_Jack likes this.
  8. EQ_Jack Active Member

Great share. Will give it a try
  9. EQ_Jack Active Member

Tried Ixian’s %v system. It Works pretty good.. A couple points:

1- macro needs the spell twice. Once for hover and second fall back to current target.
    2- turn off queued keys’ else you may get double casts of same spell.