housing questions, loyalty and station cash

Discussion in 'Tips, Tricks, FAQs, and New Player Discussion' started by Geroblue, Jul 8, 2019.

1. Geroblue Well-Known Member

I looked at the 3 suggested Loyalty coin houses. I didn't see any maps. Could I tour someone's example of these ? Look before I buy.

I'll be getting the house for one of my good characters.

Thanks.

I looked over the station cash ones and I have some questions.

1) House of Master... large enough for me to get lost, and I did, twice, even though it has a map I didn't always look at. I guess I can add items that can be used as sign posts. Lots of garden though. Furniture would look out of place.

2) Isle of Refuge.

Does the ship at the dock move ? I couldn't get aboard either.

Large amount of land, again, furniture, etc. would look out of place in the trees. Nice fireflies though.

Does the small circular building have an upstairs ? I tried to small stairs inside , but didn't go all the way up.

3) Personal Planetarium.

It looks like it has 2 floors above the main floor. Can they be reached ? Or is it just the one large room ?

4) Personal Grotto. Huge, and I think regular things would look out of place. And it is huge.

No map for the opera house, and another one I couldn't ride my horse, etc. So no go on those two. The one with no mount ability was large enough I would get exasperated with that very quickly.

Missed the sale. So one character no flame-branded hamaban. And no cheap Market place housing. I have about 1,000 Marketplace Cash on my all access account.

Oh, and can I add my other characters with more than visitor access ? Can they then add and move items ?

I typically use loyalty to get that bag of 500 plat. But I can hold off if the loyalty coin houses look good and match what I am looking for.

A) Not too certain on what I'm looking for other than square rooms. Several square rooms.

B) No drop offs. Nor tall tall ceilings.

C) Stairs between floors, or a gateway, like one place I looked at.

D) The empty dock on Isle of Refuge, can ships from other players dock there ? Or is it just for show ?

I take it all the houses are instances ?

Thanks.
    Cyrrena and Breanna like this.
  2. Breanna Well-Known Member

Have to run before dinner burns, but if no one gets back to you by the time I get back on I'll try to answer some of your ?'s
    Cyrrena and Soara2 like this.
  3. Geroblue Well-Known Member

Thanks ! I need to fix myself something to eat to.
  4. Breanna Well-Known Member

Ok lets see now. On the huge houses you can get transport pads that you can place that will take you to wherever you want to go. I can't remember (sorry) where to get them for just a house, the guild hall has the amenity. But you can put like 1 at the entrance and 1 to like your tradeskill area or wherever.

The ship does not move and no players cannot enter that way it is just for show.

I can't tell you anything about the planetarium one I didn't really care for it. Or the personal Grotto one either. (Sorry)

You can set up your other characters as trustee so they can add stuff, and they can move stuff around, but they still can't remove anything unless it's tagged with their name.

We got some free housing with our what they used to call veteran bonus, I know you haven't been playing that long but have you done your /claim and see if there is anything there?

They did a haunted house that had stairs to second level and I think most of the rooms were square but I think that one cost.

The Mistmoore Craigs Estate was a free one but I think that was a vet reward not sure if they put it on the city merchant or the marketplace I haven't checked and not in game.

You can tour any of the houses by right clicking the door and instead of picking visit or purchase pick tour and you can do a walk through of any of them and see what they are like before you buy.

I have the opera house one if you want to visit mine and see it deco'd it is pretty small. It's listed under Breanna on the housing portal in Qeynos. Do you know how to use the housing portal thing? It's near the door to qeynos harbor by the mage tower, it will give you a whole list of houses. Just find the opera house one and pick visit then type in Breanna.

Well I tried to answer everything hope I didn't leave anything out, let me know if you need more help.

My Favorite one is the Felwithe one you get water falls and stuff :)
  5. Breanna Well-Known Member

Note: I may have been wrong about the trustee being able to remove stuff. I'm going to check when I log in.
  6. Breanna Well-Known Member

Ok yep it let me pick something up and walk right out the door with it, so trustee can do pretty much anything the owner can. Their is tags on some things though you'll get a message return to owner in the box when you examine it. I think it is those things that trustees can't even pick up.
  7. Geroblue Well-Known Member

My account I'm posting from, and use in the game, has been around for over 5 years in EQ II. The others are newer, with one a couple of years here.

I'll check and see how long and whats available. I know I saw '4 year veteran reward' in /claim for this account.

Maybe longer. I'll check.

The other accounts have been in this game for less than 2 months.

I have that info in my spreadsheet for EQ, but not EQ II. I'll have to login to check.
    Cyrrena, Soara2 and Breanna like this.
  8. Geroblue Well-Known Member

Oldest account here is 5 years. Nothing in /claim for a house. 5 year vet reward contains some furniture.

The special event NPCs are still in Butcherblock.
  9. Seefar Well-Known Member

You can get the transport pads from the merchants in the city festivals.
  10. elflover Well-Known Member

If you go to the loyalty merchant- realtor in Qeynos harbor or in Freeport, depends on which alignment you are. There are 3 houses Mistmoore Crags estate (the bloody contract), Kromzek Keep and the Skyblade skiff. To tour these homes you can go to the prestige portals in said cities right click it and select tour select the house to look at an empty version of the house. And if you wiki prestige housing in eq2 there's a page that explains a lot more for all the housing.
  11. Geroblue Well-Known Member

Oh, you mean the portal bit over by the houses. Near the zone in for the vdifferent parts of Qeynos.

I tried right clicking, based on a post by someone else, on the sale bit in the loyalty merchant.

Too bad I can't move loyalty coins between my accounts. Then I would have 45 of them on one account.
  12. Geroblue Well-Known Member

I toured Mistmoore and Kromzek.

I saw that Kromzek was very tall, but I couldn't find stairs to any upper levels. Did I miss them ? Or is it just one floor ?

Disturbed some birds on the balconey rear of Mistmoore. Plenty of stairs. Lots of room. Maybe bats. I didn't get a good look at them. Nice ocean view back there to.

Noticed some land areas off the balcony of Mistmoore. Didn't see any stairs to it. Is it reachable ? Or just for show ? If it is reachable, a picnic area would go nice there. Isle of Refuge has a nice building on stilts over some water out back. ( whispers... barbeque )
  13. elflover Well-Known Member

Yes the Kromzek is very tall, but no stairs but thats the fun in building your own. Ive seen many people create multi levels in the keep using the tiles and building blocks.

Now the lands areas down below the balcony can be reached but not the normal way. There is some info on the homeshow thread of the forums. https://forums.daybreakgames.com/eq...-decorators-resource-guides-and-links.580184/
    It would be that page second post other guides and info.
    Breanna and Cyrrena like this.
  14. Geroblue Well-Known Member

Thanks. Printed the breakout page to pdf.
    Breanna and Cyrrena like this.
  15. Cyrrena Well-Known Member

I am the one that told you the names of the deeds on the loyalty merchant and the prices. I am also the one that neglected to tell you how to tour them, I apologize.

I have the grotto, there are ramps all over the place in there so you can get to almost everywhere in there but there is no place in there where you are going to get an outside view and no mounts can be used inside. But DBG has been making some of the older houses mount friendly so in the future, perhaps this one will become mount friendly.

I also have Isle of Refuge, that is a 10 year vet reward but you only get one per account. You can reach the lighthouse but you cannot go inside of it and you cannot go inside of the treehouse. There is no light in the lighthouse unless you fly up there and put something in there to make it lit.

One of the prestige houses with a different type of view is Researcher's Sanctum. There is a huge view in there but not what you would expect.

Another one I think you would really like is Rum Runner's Cove. Lots of outdoor areas, plus some square buildings and you can use mounts in it.

Take a peek at these and see what you think. At the next City Festival at the first of August, you can use City Tokens and purchase a bag of teleporter pads and when you open it you get two of them. You use these to do a breakout. I think you can only use 4 in a house. I may be wrong on that though, it may only be 2, I am sure someone will hop in and correct me if I am wrong.
    Breanna likes this.
  16. Geroblue Well-Known Member

Not a problem. I have a hard time reading forums because of text on a light background. On another forum, I can change the settings so I can read the posts much easier. Shining a light on my computer screen doesn't help. I got Isle of Refuge on a character on Maj'Dul. I'll make several of my characters on different accounts trustees. Currently have it set to Public can Visit.

Same account I'll get another station cash house or wait and use loyalty tokens.

Gee, the broker gets cranky when I delete my Inn rooms.

Anyway, I still need to inventory three more accounts, not used much and one I created less than a month ago, to see what each has. I just don't inventory well... then I try to find stuff and cannot figure out where it might be. On which character I mean.

But at least I don't have the 150 characters I have on EQ. Incredibly confusing.

I'll watch for the city festival so I can get those portals.

Thanks for the help.
    Cyrrena, Rosyposy and Breanna like this.