Housing Portals?

Discussion in 'Norrathian Homeshow' started by Uwkete-of-Crushbone, Feb 11, 2020.

1. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

Has anyone tried getting into one's own houses using the Portal Networks yet? I'm not having the best luck with that...

And yes, I did submit something to the Bug Report forum, but since it's been labeled "Resolved," "Fixed," "Set in Stone Forever More," etc., I'm not sure what the result of that will be. :-/

As it is, I'm still in the throes of experimenting with it myself. So far, inconclusive, but not happy. :(

Uwk
    Cyrrena and Breanna like this.
  2. Marae Well-Known Member

I have had no issues with housing portals since yesterday's patch. They have been working brilliantly: All my portals show, I'm able to travel through my networks, and the search function is also working again - at least, that's the way it's been on the houses I've explored so far. I will check more of my characters' houses and keep an eye out for problems.
  3. Wulfgyr I've got friends in EQ2Wire places

*bites tongue hard* So..... many..... jokes...... ;)
  4. Breanna Well-Known Member

I'll try to do some investigating also tonight when I get home. I didn't have time last night so I didn't even venture out with any alts.
    Cyrrena and Uwkete-of-Crushbone like this.
  5. Wulfgyr I've got friends in EQ2Wire places

I can say that all my characters are able to access my Halas guild hall after taking the portal to the research assistant flophouse I have set up (hey, that ugly Mistmoore Crags estate is finally good for something!) That includes characters from Qeynos and Freeport.
  6. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

Hmm...I don't have a Halas Guild Hall on any of my servers; the main issue (and to be honest, only issue so far) I've been having is with my main Skyfire toon's 2-room New Halas place, the non-status one, Valor Homesteads. That seems (knock on wood) to be the only one having issues with the portal network that I've found so far. :-/

I'm gonna just try changing the Access on it and see if that jiggles something loose. Wish me luck! :)

Uwk
  7. Breanna Well-Known Member

Ok did some checking with various alts and various portals and I didn't have any that didn't work. But I don't have any in Halas so not sure if that could be an issue or not.
    Uwkete-of-Crushbone and Cyrrena like this.
  8. Marae Well-Known Member

I have had no trouble with my New Halas houses. Uwk, based on what I remember you saying in your other post, I'll wager the issue isn't the New Halas house itself; it's the portal that's in that house. Bring in the toon that owns the prestige home, have them delete their portal in the New Halas house, and put in a new one. See if that works.
  9. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

That's a thought, too! I should try that...thanks! :D

I'll report back the findings of my experiment. :)

Uwk
    Breanna likes this.
  10. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

WOO-HOO! That worked! Well, at least for the homeowner; will have to check on the alts' abilities to do so, but it's encouraging! :D

Thanks so much for your testing help, folks, and suggestions! :)

Uwk
    Marae and Breanna like this.